This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply: May 24, 2011 7:21 PM by 1WALKERAL RSS

Text messaging logs!!!!!!!!!

CINDYCHESNEY48 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Could someone tell me why in 2010 we still can't get a text msg log from sprint?

• 1. Re: Text messaging logs!!!!!!!!!
    lola1833 Newbie

I forward/sent the text messages from my phone to my email, however it only sends the message body. No from number or date of the original sender.

• 2. Re: Text messaging logs!!!!!!!!!
    tanyababii21 Newbie

history

• 3. Re: Text messaging logs!!!!!!!!!
    CHERYLC68 Newbie

And the Sprint website says we should be able to see the text messaging logs online.  I've never been able to see the  logs in all the years I've tried.  The screen just stays the same.  As a parent it would be much easier than taking the kids' phones and reading through all their texts.  Yes, I'm one of THOSE moms!

• 4. Re: Text messaging logs!!!!!!!!!
    mnastri Newbie

I could not agree more.  We need access to our text history logs.  I use this phone for business and have a history of important correspondence that I cannot access or put with my emails and other documents.  Never mind all the lame privacy issues, this is my phone for which I need to access the text history.  If the government wanted these logs Sprint would make them available in a heartbeat.  Give us access, we have a right to these.

• 5. Re: Text messaging logs!!!!!!!!!
    2073327315 Newbie

I agree to. If I pay for my phone every month then I should have access to all aspects of my phone. I can view my call log and the log of any other number connected to my phone why can't I veiw text messages for all numbers under my name. Seems our rights are being violated. I know friends with other carriers who are able to veiw text messages online for their phones.

• 6. Re: Text messaging logs!!!!!!!!!
    lynn_1915 Regular Visitor

This is a reply from Sprint

"Due to privacy concerns, the only text message information that I can
    provide to you is the number of text messages you have used. If you need
    the details (to or from - date and time) you can contact our Corporate
    Security group at (800) 877-7330, option 3. They will require you to
    submit a notarized form that you are the account holder."

It is not a universal policy issue, just Sprint's own policy issue.  My friends with other providers can see their detailed text messaging history.  There is a different blog started in 2008 that has a link to FCC complaint site which I have just filed.  One customer also mentioned about obtaining an attorney.  I would not recommend Sprint for anyone who has a need to see the detailed usage, especially parents like me. 

• 7. Re: Text messaging logs!!!!!!!!!

Here is FCC link to file complaint.  http://esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm

Message was edited by: lynn_1915

• 8. Re: Text messaging logs!!!!!!!!!

It is probably the pressure of trying to make big bottom line.  Why would Sprint make it difficult of customers to validate the charges?  Maybe FCC can help change that policy.  Like FCC gets Verizon to reimburse the overcharges below.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/04/AR2010100406627.html

The FCC began its investigation 10 months ago after customers complained  about the fees, the FCC said in an e-mail statement yesterday. Verizon  Wireless has reportedly put the amount of the overcharges at more than  $50 million in the past two years, the commission said.

• 9. Re: Text messaging logs!!!!!!!!!
    Jaycee1224 Newbie

I agree 100%. We should complain or sign a petition because its ridiculous that we are not provided with these. all the major carriers do so i don't know why sprint doesn't.  we pay for their services so we should be able to access to whatever we want in OUR account. maybe all the people who want this should file a complaint to bbc or something.

• 10. Re: Text messaging logs!!!!!!!!!

Sprint claimed that the issue was a privacy policy.  Now Sprint is about to sell the privacy policy for a “premium” service FEE, available next year.  It’s all about making more money, NOT customer’s privacy concern.   

By filing complaints with FCC and BBB and getting the words out to general public, you are making your message best known to Sprint’s management. The impact of shrinking Sprint’s market share will most  likely be heard by Management.  Hopefully Sprint management will change this unfair privacy policy, or get booted out for maintaining such unfair practice.  If you are aware of any cell phone plan review website, please share the site.  I’ll gladly share my input. 

• 11. Re: Text messaging logs!!!!!!!!!
    Jaycee1224 Newbie

That is such bs. T-mobile, Verizon, and AT & T don't charge you to view you messaging log. Its stupid because Sprint shows you your callling log, but not messaging. Its basically the same thing. Calling log shows you who called when and what time. Having the messaging log would be the same thing so I don't know why they don't show it. People should start calling Sprint and telling them that you will complain to fcc and bbb.

• 12. Re: Text messaging logs!!!!!!!!!
    ClaudiPo Silver Expert

It's not the same thing.  The information resides in different systems so an interface needs to be build to pull in the data into a Web GUI, which all costs development dollars.  This wouldn't be the only project in the pipeline which would have to compete with many others in a time where money is sparse.

• 13. Re: Text messaging logs!!!!!!!!!
    CINDYCHESNEY48 Newbie

So I did file complaints and all I got was a phone call from sprint saying that they r working on it.  So no change with 2011 approaching, think more people have to complain or it will never happen...

• 14. Re: Text messaging logs!!!!!!!!!
    ClaudiPo Silver Expert

Alas...  I have shared the posts of the many discussion threads about this topic with the Product Managers of the project in hopes that it would help demonstrate how eager our customer are to have this functionality but last I heard there were still internal challenges to be worked through.  Anticipated launch is still next year, but it may be well into it.  I wish I had better news.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points