This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 21, 2010 9:58 AM by Levi4u RSS

Transfer of Liability

am2little Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I need to transfer the liability/ownership of my cell phone. Am i able to do that within the first 30 days of activation? Also What happens to the deposit and bill payment I made?

• 1. Re: Transfer of Liability
    Drpapsul Newbie

That is the least of your worries. everytime you call customer care or chat or go to a sprint store they will always pull up the old information on your account. that really ticks me off because i keep thinking why the heck is Sprint keeping my old information as current? i used to have a line with my sister under an employee discount but now i made her fill out a transfer of liability form and just till last week i found out that my sprint pcs id name and called id was under the old account holder's name- thats weird because i bought a new phone on the same day i openned a NEW account under my name.

so don't worry just go to a sprint store and fill out the transfer of liability form with the old account holder present and with his or her id with them.

• 2. Re: Transfer of Liability
    halcyoncmdr123 Sprint Employee

There is no issue doing a transfer of liability. The deposit and payment are refunded to that original account holder since everything legally was in tehir name. So you would have to work with them.

• 3. Re: Transfer of Liability
    CHELZKA010 Newbie

i am on my sisters plan right now and i am thinking about  going onto my boyfriends plan can we transfer my number to his account with out paying anything ?

• 4. Re: Transfer of Liability
    Levi4u Master

You will have to have your sister and boyfriend together and call Sprint or visit a sprint store and they will transfer it over, There will be no charge if your boyfriend's account is eligible for more then one line, But if his credit score is low they may require a deposit.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points