This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 16, 2010 9:01 PM by Pochita04 RSS

Music - Transfer to device

JOSTAN1 Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

I downloaded the driver from the samsung site, but my computer now reads my epic as an empty disk drive. I cannot transfer music to my epic . I am using windows vista, and it would not initially identify my epic because no driver was present.

• 1. Re: Music - Transfer to device
    wingland Sprint Admin

When you first buy the phone, before you've installed apps, taken photos, etc. the SD card is empty.

If you want to confirm that, pop the back cover off (pry up gently from the bottom) and remove the MicroSD card.

Using a SD card reader, connect the memory chip to your computer.  It'll show empty.  You can copy music to the phone by Copy-Paste in Windows Explorer or by drag-n-drop.

Now, if that's not the problem, please follow up with a more detailed description of what's going on when you try to copy music to your Samsung Epic.

• 2. Re: Music - Transfer to device
    ENCXBG1 Valued Member

Windows Media Player will also Sync with your device by selecting the "Sync" tab. You can drag music to the sync folder and WMP will do the rest. This is the quick and easy way if you don't want to manually navigate the folders on the phone. It's also the best way if you want to make sure all your album art comes across properly.

• 3. Re: Music - Transfer to device
    ZenUnwired Product Ambassador

Apparently you can also use iTunes. Yay! See the detailed description on how to make this happen.

http://www.knowyourcell.com/samsung/samsung-epic-4g/epic-4g-guides/526588/how_to_sync_the_samsung_epic_4g_with_itunes.html

• 4. Re: Music - Transfer to device
    Pochita04 Newbie

Using Windows Media Player seems like the easiest way to put music on the phone but for some reason my phone is not synching with my computer.  On the top right corner it says "connect a device," well my epic is plugged into my computer but it will not read it. Can someone please help me. I also tried doing it the way it says in the tutorial but once I plug the phone into the computer the window never pops up like it suppose to.

Never mind I got it.....but it's not going to work because all of my music is on itunes.

Message was edited by: Pochita04

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points