This discussion is archived
1 2 3 4 8 Previous Next 108 Replies Latest reply: Oct 4, 2010 12:58 PM by ClaudiPo Go to original post Branched to a new discussion. RSS
  • 15. Re: New options for SERO plan customers
    Expert
    Currently Being Moderated

Ok first OFF I DO NOT NOR EVER DID HAVE SERO.But i do have a old legecy plan which with this new deal will get me another discount.I was told when i opened my ED1500 that SERO WOULD NEVER BE ALLOWED TO MOVE UP AND GET ANDROID.

Many people WERE lied to when a REP tells you It will never happen and you upgrade then they are lying and is a breach of contract.

I have my account noted so i careless what is said about other then it is BS for the people who were lied to.I just think the other people who have FC AND FF should be able to upgrade.

And SERO is not anywhere near as large as the old FF AND FC about 9-1 more Legecy plans the SERO plans out there so your not that large base.It is just easy for them to make this change with SERO and you guys are not really saving that much

You CAN'T have a discount of any kind on this new plan.

If you have a family plan a ED1500 with  25% corp discount which i have is cheaper then SERO.

Anyway i hope it works out for good for everyone.

• 16. Re: New options for SERO plan customers
    RHCMOM123 Newbie

What he said times two!

• 17. Re: New options for SERO plan customers
    TOMAS_ Gold Expert

Jeter wrote:

It is just easy for them to make this change with SERO and you guys are not really saving that much

You CAN'T have a discount of any kind on this new plan.

If you have a family plan a ED1500 with  25% corp discount which i have is cheaper then SERO.

Actually, for me, with a single line and no available "discounts," SERO Premium would save me over $250 a year from my EPRP plan (it would save nearly $400 for someone with a regular plan).

That much saving IS an appreciable difference for one on a fixed disability income.

(And yes, when I was told by people up to the exec. and regulatory services level that there was no chance that the SERO plan I was on would ever cover a handset with the features I needed, it did turn out not to be true.)

Message was edited by: tomas472

• 18. Re: New options for SERO plan customers
    axgz Regular Visitor

Hope I am not intruding, but I am currently on a Sero Flair and Flexible $30 plan.  I persume I am eligable for this new Sero Premium so I can get the 4g Samsung Epic and my montly cost will go from $30 to $50.  As far as I have read, the plan will have 500 Minutes, unlimited text, data, mobile to mobile and GPS.  Is this information correct?  Thanks in advance for any replies.

axgz

• 19. Re: New options for SERO plan customers
    halcyoncmdr123 Sprint Employee

Essentially yes, as of October 1st you will be able to add the $10 add-on for the SERO to get Any Mobile, Anytime and Sprint Navigation, and the $10 Premium Data add-on for the EVO or Epic.

• 20. Re: New options for SERO plan customers
    Sprint.Dan Regular Visitor

halcyoncmdr117 wrote:

Essentially yes, as of October 1st you will be able to add the $10 add-on for the SERO to get Any Mobile, Anytime and Sprint Navigation, and the $10 Premium Data add-on for the EVO or Epic.

Well, at least one Sprint rep was willing to reply!

IMO, what Sprint needs to do is make a data buy up for all plans, that will provide, on a per line basis, the same features that "everything data" has to offer.  Make the buy up $29.99 per line for those on Fair and Flex, Free and Clear and $20 per line for those on "everything messaging."

Everything Data will still likely be a better value for those who just want multiple "restricted" devices on a family plan, but buying up will be better for those who want it just on one line.  Sprint can get customers to pay for features they used to get for free (data, messaging, etc) and still keep many customers happy when compared to Verizon and AT&T pricing.  Keep the data option as a hard coded requirement just like the Everything data plans are now, giving the rep the 2 options of "switch plan" or "add on data pack."  The new 4G devices would still pay an additional $10 fee, and Sprint would stop having as many customers complain about what device they can get on what plan.

Now, if the people who have the power to do this would actually pay attention to what their customers want.  Well, that's wishful thinking as the former "advisory group" people know.

• 21. Re: New options for SERO plan customers
    Regular Visitor

While it may make sense to do that, it's not going to happen for awhile. There's such a clusterf#ck of plans and add-ons already, adding more than 1 at a time would likely sink the ship. They're going to try this out for SERO customers, check out the reception to the deal, then possibly roll it out for older plans.

• 22. Re: New options for SERO plan customers
    LAFESTER1 Regular Visitor

seriously people... even for sero they are making us get a new plan rather then an add-on.

you can bet that the same will be true for legacy. you will have to give up your old plan in order to get what you want.

My guess is it will be the same or very similar to the sero plan... no perks no discounts no family plans.

• 23. Re: New options for SERO plan customers
    axgz Regular Visitor

Before I posted here yesterday, I had emailed everythingreferral@sprint.com to ask about the same thing and today I got a response.  The rep told me that unfortunately my account has never been associated with sero and that it is just a normal Fair and Flexiblde 500.  Is this information possible that I was never on a Sero Plan yet I have unlimited web and text plus all other sero services?

axgz

• 24. Re: New options for SERO plan customers
    illegal_operation Valued Member

Yes it's possible,  I have the exact same thing going on with me.

I have all the benefits of SERO,  but my plan is not a SERO plan.

It happened a couple years ago when I called CS. to ask about SERO,  they told me that it was only for new customers.  But the rep said I could either cancel my old account (had it for about 12 years at the time)  and then reapply.  Or she would be able to give me all the benefits of SERO but it would just not say 'SERO' on my account.

She said that would be the better way to go, since I could keep my old number and my long term status(which really doesn't seem to mean anything), and there was no other difference between that and SERO.  So I went with it,  but now I wish I would have canceled and signed up again. 

• 25. Re: New options for SERO plan customers
    axgz Regular Visitor

So basically we are screwed and have to get that $69.95 unlimited plan instead to be eligable to upgrade to a 4G Android.  WOW, Sprint did it again!  So non-sero fair and flexible plans are out of luck to updrade to anything else (4G, Android, W7) without changing plan.

dja2k

Message was edited by: axgz

Message was edited by: axgz

• 26. Re: New options for SERO plan customers
    illegal_operation Valued Member

As of right now,  yep.

Post your concerns here,

http://mcguireslaw.com/2010/09/03/psst-the-sero-premium-plans-are-now-official/

Maybe if enough people say something, they'll look into it further?

• 27. Re: New options for SERO plan customers
    Sprint.Dan Regular Visitor

SPRINTpresident wrote:

While it may make sense to do that, it's not going to happen for awhile. There's such a clusterf#ck of plans and add-ons already, adding more than 1 at a time would likely sink the ship. They're going to try this out for SERO customers, check out the reception to the deal, then possibly roll it out for older plans.

They could easily do it.  They have removed so many add-on's at this point, stripping away so many features that used to be available that it wold be an easy thing to add.  Make it a retention offer so as to make it "easier" to manage it to begin with.

The "problem" with Sprint is that they had customers who got everything given to them for free, for so long, that when they finally had a "firm" stance it still wasn't accepted.  From a programming standpoint, Unless the plan was "everything data" or "everything messaging" the customer would have to pay $30.  "Everything messaging" lines would pay $20.

As simple as can be really

• 28. Re: New options for SERO plan customers
    JasonAHankins Newbie

Can you give a list of phone that we can upgrade to and keep my SERO plan?  I am interested in getting the Rumor Touch.

Also if I purchase a phone from a third party what is the process to get my account to be on that phone and keep my plan and phone number.

Thanks

• 29. Re: New options for SERO plan customers
    axgz Regular Visitor

I got a different answer this time and the rep said, "you are on the older SERO plan which was set up for you in 2006." and then she went on telling me I am eligable for those new plans Oct 1.  She said, "your rate plan would be $50/500 if you upgrade in October to the Samsung Epic.".  Now I am concerned on who to believe, the first rep saying I wasn't on a Sero plan or this new rep saying I am.

axgz

1 2 3 4 8 Previous Next