This discussion is archived
12 Replies Latest reply: Nov 12, 2010 7:28 AM by jcraigcohen RSS

Caller can't hear me

Tesi12 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

This is my 2nd evo in 2 weeks. The first was sent back because my voice sounded like an alien when I received or made calls and no one could understand me. I am a female, and my voice is mutated to a man's garbled voice. My new evo worked fine for 2 days and now it is doing the same thing as my first one. Has anyone ever heard of this? Sprint support told me they never heard of this when I sent my first phone back. Has anyone experienced this or does anyone have a solution?

• 1. Re: Caller can't hear me
    caridadk Newbie

haha! sorry but that was a funny read, and no i have never heard of that problem either have you downloaded any voice changing apps? or anything right before your voice started changing i think that might be it! since it can not happen to two different phones and it seems like you are the only one with the problem i say uninstall all your apps and then check if it goes away

- +4 if i was any help please

• 2. Re: Caller can't hear me
    CWREN24 Newbie

Not that people couldnt understand me, but noone could hear me at all.  I called someone and they couldnt hear me at all.  Then, I tried to do a voice memo and pretty much it wouldnt open up at all.  Then, I tried doing a text message by speaking it, again, nothing.  So, I turned my phone off, waited roughly 5min, turned it back on and all is well (for now).  No idea what happened and is def odd.

Message was edited by: NyHc4LyFe

• 3. Re: Caller can't hear me
    MKQCOLLI00 Newbie

You're not the only one who's experienced that.  I'm going through that right now.  Either the person can't hear you at all on the other end or your voice sounds garbled & alienesque!  I can hear others fine, screen looks good/normal, no indication of physical/water damage, no other noticiable issues & no known event leading to this occurence.   So Sprint, why is that?  I need ppl to hear me from my phone!!  Love my EVO, but this is a problem!

• 4. Re: Caller can't hear me
    BankerJQ Newbie

My EVO phone worked good for about 30 days.  Yesterday my girlfriend on sprint would call and she can't hear me, I can't hear her.  This has gone on now for two days off and on!  Happens when some land lines call me too.  I have called back to the number calling three to four times with no luck and then the next call works perfect.  Still under warrantee but what a hassle!!!  Hard to go back to my cheap flip phone but at least it worked!!!  Anyone else experiencing these issues????

• 5. Re: Caller can't hear me
    mhmacgre1 Newbie

I just started having this problem, started right after I got back from being out of the country for a a few weeks.  People will call me and I can't hear anything they say but I'm told they say they can still hear me.  I haven't called Sprint yet but plan too.  Anyone found any fixes or suggestions?

• 6. Re: Caller can't hear me
    jase700 Newbie

Just got a refurbished phone because my other EVO kept rebooting.  Now when I make calls no one can hear me.  The only way the speech picks up my voice is if I stick my mouth right next to the microphone.

• 7. Re: Caller can't hear me
    carolinagirl38D Expert

Welcome to the new and exciting world of Sprint recycled phones. I got a promise on 8/24 through a claim with the Better Business Bureau that I would be receiving a new one, because out of the three I've had so far ; two new one refurbished, they have all been less than promised - I kept my end of the contract by sending them a bunch of money but they have failed to provide me with a phone that meets their published specs. If nothing else, it sounds like a breach of contract. All that aside I LOVE my EVO when it's working. One tech offered an Epic, but I wasn't too sure about that, either. Good luck with your refurbished EVO - mine sucks!  -  Sharon

• 8. Re: Caller can't hear me
    carolinagirl38D Expert

I'm sorry to say, but in my dozens of contacts with Sprint t/s, not only have they "not heard of that" but none of them offer the same advise. I honestly had one tell me she lied about a rather serious issue after I called back to confirm her info, since it involved a 50 mile road trip.

• 9. Re: Caller can't hear me
    LEAHWELSH1 Newbie

I love my EVO but it has never really worked well.  It started where more often then not people would tell me that they heard a terrible echo.  Now I can't hear the caller 75% of the time.  They can hear me but say it is very garbled.  I hang up and call them back and it is fine but what a pain that is.  NOW, I get phone calls coming in that say "mom" or someone in my phonebook and when I answer it is someone I don't know, a total stranger.  It first freaked me out because I thought some guy was calling from my mom's phone.  Sprint says they have no idea what is going on and I am guessing I will have to spring for a new phone.  Kind of a bummer seeing that I haven't dropped my phone.

• 10. Re: Caller can't hear me
    jcraigcohen Newbie

My EVO just started doing the same thing. I sound like an alien on the phone.  Apparently, from what I read here there is no fix.  I have only had my phone a short time, so maybe I should switch to the Galaxy?

• 11. Re: Caller can't hear me
    jcraigcohen Newbie

Just got off phone (land line) with Sprint.  Removed battery and reset the phone and now it works fine.  Technician said removing the battery for 1 minute fixes about everything on this phone.

• 12. Re: Caller can't hear me
    BankerJQ Newbie

After retrurning to my local Sprint Store to discuss the  "Can you you hear me now" issue, I was told by the store manager that the issue is being caused by Sprint updating their cell towers to 4G.   Don't know if what he says is true but my phone seems to be working again.  As you drive around the city different towers are being updated at different times so it may continue in my area for a while.  Will will see, Indianapolis goes 4G in the 1st quarter of 2011... 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points