This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Mar 1, 2011 5:38 PM by NANDOWAY2004 RSS

Can't receive phone calls or text messages on my EVO

masterofboing Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hello all. Just activated my first Sprint phone today, after being screwed over the final time by Verizon over the past few years. I got my HTC Evo activated today, and after bringing it home, I can't seem to receive any phone calls or text messages. Took it back to the store, where he took it back to the back and said it had something to do with a faulty tower, and a bad chip or something in my area. That didn't answer my question as to why I can make calls and send messages, but can't get them. When people call me, it says something about the area code being changed or not having service or something, and when they text me, it says that they're texting a land-line. Spent a while on the phone with a Sprint tech, who told me that all the towers in my area were absolutely fine, and he even changed my phone number, and still couldn't resolve it. Sent a ticket to someone else, they called me, and they STILL couldn't get it resolved. This is really giving me a bad first impression of Sprint, and I was simply hoping maybe someone here might have any advice or solutions. Thanks for any help; sorry for the novel, lol.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points