This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 9, 2010 8:05 PM by Hurst77 RSS

Samsung Epic 4G video: Hotspot

ChristineZimmerman Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Having trouble connecting my laptop to my phones hotspot. It says connected but no internet access. Any help is appreciated.

• 1. Re: Samsung Epic 4G video: Hotspot
    wingland Sprint Admin

Sorry you're having trouble getting your hotspot to work.

Have you activated the add-on for Hotspot service?  You can do that by going to My Sprint and clicking 'Change My Services'.  Select the Epic, then check 'Sprint Mobile Hotspot' and submit the change.

• 2. Re: Samsung Epic 4G video: Hotspot
    THG1029 Newbie

I just experienced the same problem, contacted Sprint support for assistance.

SURPRISE, there is an additional $29.99 monthly charge for the mobile hotspot activation.

• 3. Re: Samsung Epic 4G video: Hotspot
    Dark_Knight11 Regular Visitor

Or you just can go to the app market and get a program to connect to the internet...

• 4. Re: Samsung Epic 4G video: Hotspot
    Hurst77 Regular Visitor

This has got to be criminal.

Attached is a the part of a transcipt that matters.

Ready to purchase a Samsung EPIC tomorow but tripped over the $29.99 charge to use the Hot Spot capabilities of the Samsung EPIC.

Joined Chat so check out the times and what is said.

Isn't this criminal to lie like this?

8:52:31 PM : LEDFORD: Looking to upgrade to Samsung Epic. So, with my current plan am I going to be able to use the HotSpot cabalities of the Samsung Epic?

8:55:27 PM : Vinchen R: As on your account Everything Data Share 1500 plan is active so you can activate the Samsung EPIC phone and can also use the Hot Spot capability.

8:56:20 PM : LEDFORD: So NO additional fees are going to be needed on my plan to allow me to use the HotSpot capabilities that the Samsung Epic is capable of providing?

8:56:58 PM : LEDFORD: That is excellent and I'll be upgrading my phone tomorow. Are you capable of seeing that I can get the discount with upgrading the phone tomorrow?

8:57:17 PM : LEDFORD: With the 24 month plan.

8:57:31 PM : Vinchen R: You can use the Hot Spot service the monthly charge of Hot Spot service is $29.99.

• 5. Re: Samsung Epic 4G video: Hotspot
    Levi4u Master

I don't see what your issue is, He clearly stated there was a charge and you got all upset and wanted a supervisor.

Q - With my current plan can I activate an Epic and use the Hotspot?

A - Yes on your current plan you can activate an Epic and can also use the Hotspot capabilities

Q - No additional fees?

A - The monthly charge for the hotspot is $29.99

8:52:31 PM : LEDFORD: Looking to upgrade to Samsung Epic. So, with my current plan am I going to be able to use the HotSpot cabalities of the Samsung Epic?
    8:55:27 PM : Vinchen R: As on your account Everything Data Share 1500 plan is active so you can activate the Samsung EPIC phone and can also use the Hot Spot capability.

8:56:20 PM : LEDFORD: So NO additional fees are going to be needed on my plan to allow me to use the HotSpot capabilities that the Samsung Epic is capable of providing?

8:56:58 PM : LEDFORD: That is excellent and I'll be upgrading my phone tomorow. Are you capable of seeing that I can get the discount with upgrading the phone tomorrow?

8:57:17 PM : LEDFORD: With the 24 month plan.

8:57:31 PM : Vinchen R: You can use the Hot Spot service the monthly charge of Hot Spot service is $29.99.

• 6. Re: Samsung Epic 4G video: Hotspot
    Hurst77 Regular Visitor

Disagree 100% with you. To be honest I knew what was going to happen so it didn't surprise me at all.

U don't think it was a misleading to quote the type of plan to include the 1500 minute plan and just leaving off the $29.99 monthly charge?

And oh BTW that wasn't the end of it even after all of the proding didn't tell me abou the OTHER $10 a month fee that's required to use the HotSpot.  He asked at least three times about additional fees and never mentioned it.

And oh yea I got all upset and wanted a supervisor.  I could have cried about and cursed like most people but that doesn't do anything.

Fortunantly they have enough pride to call and discuss the situation.

Doesn't make it right.  Not saying something is just as bad as telling an untruth.

Bottom line. If you want the capability you pay the price.  It's what makes our country great.

At least it's actual 4G unlike some of the other companies are offering.  Don't really have any choice at this point in time with what is available.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points