This discussion is archived
1 35 36 37 38 39 43 Previous Next 636 Replies Latest reply: Sep 30, 2010 1:50 PM by duane.anderson Go to original post RSS
  • 541. Re: 3G Upload Capped - UPDATE?
    dshoem01 Gold Expert
    Currently Being Moderated

Good news - an update will be released tomorrow 9/30.  It will be rolled out over a 4 day period so not everyone will get it on day 1. 

I will have the standard MR information (fixes included, rollout schedule, etc) available tomorrow morning and will post it in a new featured thread.

• 542. Re: 3G Upload Capped?
    drewwirk Regular Visitor

still uncapped.  getting over 600 up.

• 543. Re: 3G Upload Capped - UPDATE?
    WhereIsAndroidGamingPhone Regular Visitor

That is AWESOME NEWS!  Looking forward to it!

• 544. Re: 3G Upload Capped - UPDATE?
    robl450 Valued Member

thank you for this info, and this isn't directed at you, but seriously, the update is coming out the day after the 30 day period is up for anyone that purchased on the first day?  And 4 days to complete so the heaviest sales of the phone will be out of the 30 day return period.  thats pretty crappy in my opinion. 

bottom line is with a company the size of sprint, its not like people are scrambling to finish it today and if they are, can I apply for the open project management position as someone needs to be fired?  so that just leaves it purposely being held off until sprint decided it would be most advantageous to release it.

• 545. Re: 3G Upload Capped - UPDATE?
    kristv1 Regular Visitor

That IS good news, Desi!  Thank you for updating us on this.  I'm sure we'd all like to know what the issue was and how it was fixed, but I am just relieved that it was addressed.  I would imagine that this will go a long way in restoring some confidence in Sprint by current and future customers.

• 546. Re: 3G Upload Capped?
    TkdJoeR Valued Member

Socomon -

Thank you VERY much!

Thanks,

Joe

• 547. Re: 3G Upload Capped - UPDATE?
    JakeyLee Newbie

Great news indeed...  anyone else already seeing an increase??

• 548. Re: 3G Upload Capped - UPDATE?
    robl450 Valued Member

i'd say at this point its just news, they haven't fixed anything yet and to my knowledge the only thing the only other update on this phone did was kill battery life installing a nonsense feature that everyone is now removing.

• 549. Re: 3G Upload Capped - UPDATE?
    TkdJoeR Valued Member

Desi -

Thank you for that!!  I'm sure everyone is really looking forward to see the list that you have on the fixes!

Thanks,

Joe

• 550. Re: 3G Upload Capped - UPDATE?
    TheMostToysWins Regular Visitor

dshoem01,

Thank you for the great news.  I'll be keeping all fingers and toes crossed.

• 551. Re: 3G Upload Capped - UPDATE?
    dietrichmd Regular Visitor

Thanks Desi....

Hopefully this patch fixes the problem and gets rid of the DRM bug and GPS bug.

• 552. Re: 3G Upload Capped - UPDATE?
    badankles Expert

robl45 wrote:

thank you for this info, and this isn't directed at you, but seriously, the update is coming out the day after the 30 day period is up for anyone that purchased on the first day?  And 4 days to complete so the heaviest sales of the phone will be out of the 30 day return period.  thats pretty crappy in my opinion.

bottom line is with a company the size of sprint, its not like people are scrambling to finish it today and if they are, can I apply for the open project management position as someone needs to be fired?  so that just leaves it purposely being held off until sprint decided it would be most advantageous to release it.

i agree, it's not good timing, but i don't think it was done on purpose, do you?

• 553. Re: 3G Upload Capped - UPDATE?
    COMPUW22C Regular Visitor

Lucky for me I will still have a few days left even after it comes out, so no lying to me about the fix.  If I WERE in that position right now where my return policy was expiring, I'd STILL take the phone back right now, and possibly go grab a burger and then go right back and repurchase it.  I am happy that there is a fix, and we are being communicated to, but forgive my skepticism (I've lived through the bush years after all) when I say I'll believe it when I see it.

If you happen to get this update and you have clockwork mod installed, please do us ALL a favor and dump and post the update after you've received it (that is if it isn't already freely available for internet download)

Also if you're one of the early ones to get it, please post here on what else it breaks.

'Cmon, you don't REALLY think they'd fix our upload without breaking something else do ya? (they'll cap our ping now, no lower than 250ms, lol)

• 554. Re: 3G Upload Capped - UPDATE?
    JakeyLee Newbie

This has been a particularly difficult issue for customers as well as Sprint...who are we kidding.  But I will stop short of any accusations about anything "done on purpose"....   Those type of allegations serve no one, and are generally not productive.

The realist in me continues to remind myself that Sprint obviously does NOT want to alienate/**** off customers.  WHo does that serve??  Anyway, I am happy that this is being addressed.

Am I the only one who wonders why people had to have this phone on day one???  or any product for that matter.  Don't get me wrong, I've been there.  I was first in line to pick up one game system or another when I was a kid.  But the trade off has to be KNOWING that you are a sort of guinea pig for any potential bugs/issues that may arise.  Meh, whatever.   If this phone gets fixed then kudos to Sprint. Its more that I can say for Steve Jobs/ATT... "just buy a phone case..."  ***?? Really??

1 35 36 37 38 39 43 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points