This discussion is archived
10 Replies Latest reply: Jun 15, 2011 2:18 PM by fireguy_6364 RSS

Htc Evo email app problems

robs8249 Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

i have 3 email accounts synched to my email on my phone. i have aol, yahoo, and hotmail. Yesterday, i noticed my yahoo mail showing up under my aol account. i was able to delete it after reading it from yahoo, but i could not read it or delete it once it showed up on aol. i had to delete and then re-add my aol account back to get rid of those emails. it happened again today and i just deleted all 3 email accounts to start fresh, but now it wont let me add yahoo back. i keep getting a message that says failure to authenticate account. what i going on here? i guess yahoo was causing the problems to begin with, not aol.

• 1. Re: Htc Evo email app problems
    SCOTTY_HEN Newbie

I'm having the same problem. 2 email accounts and messages show up in the wrong account.  I can't view them or delete them in the wrong account. When I delete them in the correct account thay still show up in the wrong account.

• 2. Re: Htc Evo email app problems
    dankomite21 Newbie

Same problem here, guys.  For me, my AOL email was appearing under my ATT account.  Like you, I could delete that email under the correct AOL account, but once it appeared under the ATT account it was stuck (can't open, can't delete).  Is the only solution to delete all of the accounts and start over?!?  What a joke!

• 3. Re: Htc Evo email app problems
    titanftld Newbie

I am having the same issue, for some reason email from differnt accounts end up in the wrong account and once in the wrong account can not be Opened, Moved, Deleted or Read.  To get rid of the stray emails and the notification I have to delete the whole account.  This issue has happend with Yahoo and Hotmail but not Gmail or AOL accouns.  Anyone have any suggestions?

• 4. Re: Htc Evo email app problems
    titanftld Newbie

Additionally, when I try to delete the stray email a "Force Close" occures.

• 5. Re: Htc Evo email app problems
    robs8249 Regular Visitor

unfortunatly, i have found that the only way to fix this was to delete all my synched accounts, then re-add them. i then has a problem adding my yahoo account back. finally seems ok now though. these are great phones, but they can be a pain at times when these issues arise.

• 6. Re: Htc Evo email app problems
    Levi4u Master

Download "K9 Mail" from the market, It is a much better email app then the stock one.

• 7. Re: Htc Evo email app problems
    ERICWHITAKERO2 Newbie

I also have had a problem with my Email app. I cannot receive ANY of my AOL emails on my phone, I've contacted Sprint and went through that whole routine, I've taken it to a service center and they were stumped too, soooo I had to get a replacement phone thinking MAYBE that would fix the issue....HA not a chance, I keep getting NETWORK ERROR as a messege, well instead of going through the headache of resetting yet another phone I decided to keep the old phone.

Message was edited by: ERICWHITAKERO2

Message was edited by: ERICWHITAKERO2

• 8. Re: Htc Evo email app problems
    TJ010303 Newbie

I'm having the same problem.  Deleting and then re-adding one of the accounts works for several days, but eventually it happens again and each time I delete one or all of the accounts and start over, the problem is only corrected for a short time. Eventually it happens again.  Cant read or delete the mail from the wrong account, and it doesn't go away from the wrong account when it's deleted from the right account.  If I attempt to read or delete the mail in the wrong accoung, I get the FIRCE CLOSE error and the Email app is closed.  THIS IS REALLY ANNOYING!!

Mine are Yahoo! emails incorrectly showing up under my Gmail account.  I also have an MS Outlook account with work that is sync'd as well... never haver problems with that one.

• 9. Re: Htc Evo email app problems
    gnosisx Newbie

I've encountered the similar problem described by everyone previously.

Yesterday, I noticed Yahoo mail messages in another Pop3 account only on the HTC Evo 4G handset.

I can't delete those incorrect Yahoo messages from the Pop3 account on the handset.

Those messages do not exist incorrectly on either the Yahoo or Pop3 servers, so its strictly a HTC Evo

problem.

Is there a user fix to uncorrupt the email cache locally, or is the only solution to delete one or both of the

synced email accounts on the HTC Evo 4G & then re-setup?

Help as I'm a former Blackberry user and email was completely problem free with Sprint's service.

• 10. Htc Evo email app problems
    fireguy_6364 Master

when you add your yahoo account does it pull it over into the "manage accounts" area? i can go in and try to sync them but thats it. it doesnt go to the other side like facebook, weather, etc

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points