This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 14, 2010 2:31 PM by raylitherland67 RSS

LG Rumor what to do when you receive calls and you can't hear the caller buy they can hear yoou and the ear piece volume is at the max

richard1262 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

when someone call my lg rumor a refurbished phone you can't hear the caller but they can hear you. the ear piece volume is at max. what do you do?

• 1. Re: LG Rumor what to do when you receive calls and you can't hear the caller buy they can hear yoou and the ear piece volume is at the max
    raylitherland67 Sprint Employee
    Currently Being Moderated

It sounds like it may be a speaker issue on your phone.  Are you able to hear them if you were to turn the speakerphone on?  The first thing that I would do is to turn the phone off, remove the battery, keep out for about 45 to 60 seconds.  Put the battery back in and turn the device on.  Try using the phone to see if still having the problem.  If so the next step will be to reset your device by doing a ##786#(RTN) and entering a msl code to reset.  You will need to call sprint technical support to get the msl code and directions to do a RTN on your device.  After the RTN, if the phone is still not working then I would have to say it will be a device issue.  You may want to take to your closest service and repair center store for a diagnostic test.  If your phone is still under manufacture warranty or have TEP(Total Equipment Protection) for your device and the phone is tested and is determined it is a manufacture defect then the store may be able to repair or replace at no charge.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points