This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 19, 2010 8:39 AM by TkdJoeR RSS

Can I/How do I> record phone conversations on my Evo???

Flygrrl40 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

One of the reasons I bought the Evo was because I <thought> I could record my phone conversations. I have a very frightening and abusive ex that has been harassing me for 2 years and I needed to be able to finally "tape" some of these conversations as "evidence." But time is passing, they're still happening and I still don't know how to tape! Help would be much appreciated!!! Thanks!

• 1. Re: Can I/How do I> record phone conversations on my Evo???
    TkdJoeR Valued Member

Hello,

I just did a search in the Marketplace for "record calls".  That search returned 24 results. Some are free some are for purchase.  I have never used any of these applications and I don't know anything about them.  You can try that search and look at the applications, read the comments, and if there's an application that sounds promising and it's free you can install it, try it, and if it seems like it suites your needs and there's a purchase version that provides more/better functionality and you like the price then buy it.

Also, just as a suggestion you might want to talk to a/your lawyer to find out the laws etc. in your state/area regarding recording telephone calls before you do record any conversation. Just me own 2 cents.

Stay safe.

Thanks,

Joe

Message was edited by: TKDJOE1 - Added suggestion to talk to a lawyer regarding recording telephone conversations.

• 2. Re: Can I/How do I> record phone conversations on my Evo???
    Flygrrl40 Newbie

Thank you. "Marketplace" as in "Marketplace" on the Evo? I thought it was simpler than that...When I bought the phone "they" said, "You can record conversations as they occur." But okay, I will go there next and try. Any other suggestions would be welcome. To allay concerns, already <am> working with an Attorney. It was He who directed me to begin saving and recording these conversations. Thank you for your time and help, Joe.

• 3. Re: Can I/How do I> record phone conversations on my Evo???
    TkdJoeR Valued Member

Hello,

Sorry for the confusion.  The "Market" that I was referring to is indeed the Market icon on the Evo.  When that application opens there is a search icon at the top right that will open a text box and display the keyboard to allow you to search for items in the Market.

I also just did a search for "record" in the user guide for the Evo and the only references to recordings are for setting up the voice mail, recording voice memos, and recording video.  There is no mention of recording telephone conversations out of the box.

Perhaps you could contact "them" and ask how to do this.  Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Thanks,

Joe

• 4. Re: Can I/How do I> record phone conversations on my Evo???
    Flygrrl40 Newbie

Joe! I think I got it! Ok... so thanks to your previous posts... I did exactly as you told me and went to Market and did the "Search." Just as you said, there were quite a few apps so I read them.... but details were dismal!! When it came down to it, there were really only 1 or two viable options, and those "options" sounded frightening! No one got more than a few good reviews and most were crashing and infecting phones left and right! The (relatively) "best" program that existed (and it was still crashing and infecting MANY phones, including Evo) required the phone conversation to be on Speakerphone to work, anyway! And that's when it came to me... If the "best" program out there might infect my phone and requires me to be on Speakerphone anyway.....Hmmmm.  I made a call, tried it and it worked >>>>

As soon as "that" phone call comes in for me, just quickly Multi-task over to Camera > pull screen over to Video > and hit RECORD!!!!

I'm def NOT a "tech" person but it seemed to work perfectly!

The calls aren't that long anyway and I just need some way to "grab" them!??

Yea!! THANK YOU for your help and direction! Wouldn't have arrived here without it!!

• 5. Re: Can I/How do I> record phone conversations on my Evo???
    zSalesGuy Valued Member

What a great solution! It works, it's free, and you found it yourself!

• 6. Re: Can I/How do I> record phone conversations on my Evo???
    53245324 Newbie

download Acr it works on tp2 everytime

• 7. Re: Can I/How do I> record phone conversations on my Evo???
    TkdJoeR Valued Member

Hello,

I really glad to hear you were able to find something that works!  That's fantastic!

I'm curious, how did you find out that you could use the camcorder?

Just to clarify, when a call comes in put the call on speaker and go to the camcorder and hit the record icon? Is that correct?

If it is, try the voice memo feature too then.  It might take up less space with the file it creates, but I don't know if the voice memo feature creates a file that you can send somewhere like your computer where the video file you can because I know you can send it to You Tube.

Perhaps one of the others could answer that.

But I'm glad you found something that works!

Be safe! Maybe this guy will grow a brain!

Thanks,

Joe

• 8. Re: Can I/How do I> record phone conversations on my Evo???
    zSalesGuy Valued Member

ACR is a program for Windows Mobile phones. The EVO is Android, not Windows. TP2 stands for Touch Pro 2, a Windows Mobile phone. No help here.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points