This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 15, 2011 2:04 AM by Magicus RSS

3 way calling on EVO

Dj_Damjano Silver Expert
Currently Being Moderated

I know I might not be the first one to ask about this, but how can you do 3-way calling and how can you hung up one of the lines without droping the other line?

• 1. Re: 3 way calling on EVO
    raylitherland67 Sprint Employee

Making a 3-Way Call With 3-Way Calling, you can talk to two people at the same time. When using this feature, the normal airtime rates will be charged for each of the two calls.

1. On the Phone screen, enter a number and tap . 2. Once you have established the connection, press , tap Add call, and dial the number of the second participant. (This puts the first caller on hold and dials the second number.) 3. When you’re connected to the second party, press and tap Merge calls. If one of the people you called hangs up during your call, you and the remaining caller stay connected. If you initiated the call and are the first to hang up, all callers are disconnected. To end the three-way call, tap.

• 2. Re: 3 way calling on EVO
    TkdJoeR Valued Member

Hello,

raylitherland67 - I'm sure you know that the pictures didn't paste with the text from the User Guide. Not sure if you want to modify your reply to indicate what the user should be pressing on the screen.

Thanks,

Joe

• 3. Re: 3 way calling on EVO
    raylitherland67 Sprint Employee

Thanks Joe,

Heres the updated version.  hope this helps you out.

Making a 3-Way Call With 3-Way Calling, you can talk to two people at the same time. When using this feature, the normal airtime rates will be charged for each of the two calls.

1. On the Phone screen, enter a number and tap call . 2. Once you have established the connection, press menu, tap Add call, and dial the number of the second participant. (This puts the first caller on hold and dials the second number.) 3. When you’re connected to the second party, press menu and tap Merge calls. If one of the people you called hangs up during your call, you and the remaining caller stay connected. If you initiated the call and are the first to hang up, all callers are disconnected. To end the three-way call, tap end call..

• 4. Re: 3 way calling on EVO
    TkdJoeR Valued Member

Hello raylitherland67,

This wasn't for me, but for the original poster's benefit.

But, thanks for the clarification.

Thanks,

Joe

• 5. Re: 3 way calling on EVO
    Levi4u Master

how can you hung up one of the lines without droping the other line?

You can't, You have to ask one of the others to hang up.

• 6. Re: 3 way calling on EVO
    Dj_Damjano Silver Expert

I hope they can reconfigure the software so we can choose which line to hung up.

• 7. Re: 3 way calling on EVO
    Magicus Regular Visitor

As mentioned in another thread that is now archived and cannot be replied to, if caller number two hangs up and you are left talking to caller number one, the user will see the display icon for caller number two. This is a bug  and I really wish Sprint would fix this!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points