This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 6, 2010 3:15 PM by ericgoebel RSS

Best EVO camera settings?

GeargariousGamer Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

Had my EVO for a while now but the one thing I struggle with the most is getting a good picture with it. Anytime I am inside they come out very yellow and grainy looking. Natural light outside I have no real problem with. Just wondered if anyone had an idea on some settings I could use? The manual doesn't really give any tips.

Thanks for all your help in advance.

Gear

• 1. Re: Best EVO camera settings?
    wingland Sprint Admin

Yellow photos inside indicate the white balance is wrong.  Switch to 'Incandescent'.  If they are green, switch to Fluorescent.

From TFM

Changing Advanced Settings
    1. On the viewfinder screen, tap to open the menu panel.
    2. Tap in the menu panel to display the Settings menu and access more camera settings. You can
    change the following settings from the Settings menu:

White balance: Lets you change the white balance to enable the camera to capture colors more accurately
    by adjusting to your current lighting environment. White balance settings include: Auto, Incandescent,
    Fluorescent, Daylight, and Cloudy.

Grainy photos indicates not enough light. See if you can get closer, turn the flash on, or turn more lights on.  You can also use the same advanced settings to change the ISO.  The ISO number is how light sensitive the camera is.  100 is very insensitive but nice fine-grained photos.  800 is very sensitive, but you'll get more 'grain'.

http://support.sprint.com/global/pdf/user_guides/htc/evo/htc_evo_ug.pdf

• 2. Re: Best EVO camera settings?
    GeargariousGamer Regular Visitor

Great info! Thank you so much!

• 3. Re: Best EVO camera settings?
    wingland Sprint Admin

You are welcome!  With enough light it's impressive what these cell phone cameras can do.   My Android phone has virtually replaced my $400 Panasonic point-n-shoot camera.

• 4. Re: Best EVO camera settings?
    ericgoebel Newbie

Pictures in dark settings are horrible. The people are glowing or completely out of focus. Is there a way to turn on the flash then focus then take the picture? If the ambient light is too low then there is no picture to autofocus on and the pictures are very blurry. Samsung Epic in comparison is very good for dark settings.

Thanks

-E

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...