This discussion is archived
9 Replies Latest reply: Jul 27, 2011 3:01 AM by Mercedy RSS

Tracking Text Messages

JERRYSPCS01 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Is there a way to track text messages through online management?  I can view calls made but I would like to see the texts that come in and go out on my daughters phone and my husbands phone. They have become smart enough to delete them after they send/receive them.

• 1. Re: Tracking Text Messages
    A11ey Sprint Employee

I am moving your thread over to the Messaging forums, currently you are not able to view your messages online (except according to Quasijedi, you can if you are a Nextel customer).

Check out some of the posts here: http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/services/messaging?view=discussions

Alley

• 2. Re: Tracking Text Messages
    WOUISY Newbie

i will would like how i can track text messages from daughter and husband phone online though spirit

• 3. Re: Tracking Text Messages
    Plank41109 Newbie

Yes I wish Sprint would enable this feature as well, I would like to be able to see what messages are being used by my family, and also say you get a text and you needed the info but it got deleted, it would be nice to be able to pull up your text messages and find it again!

• 4. Tracking Text Messages
    MICHELLE476 Newbie

being able to track text messages would be great tool for us parents with teenage children, especially now with all the social media enabling the kids to meet many strangers and exchange telephone numbers. can sprint add this option?

• 5. Tracking Text Messages
    HOTBOY7356 Newbie

I know many companies are stopping that functions because it causes problems in relationships.

• 6. Tracking Text Messages
    14KNIGHT Sprint Employee

Currently there is no way to seen the content of text messages sent on phones on line.   Currently sprint does not provide text logs on line.   There is a project in the works to provide information similar to call logs  number and time.  This project does no have a completion date at this time.   the first post sort of shows the problem  while a parent would want to know what the child is doing  and as a parent myself I would want to know as well.   Does an adult have a right to privacy   So should access to the husbands account be there if he does not want it .   This goes for people sharing accounts as well.    If you were sharing an account would the person you shared with have any right knowing what you are doing.  Logs will give you the number that is texting to a phone   it will not give content.   Other than nextel Devices, my research does not show any major carrier that provides content on line.(this could be that I did not find the information on where they have it )

• 7. Tracking Text Messages
    MICHELLE476 Newbie

I understand both points of the argument regarding text tracking. I think knowing the telephone numbers of where my daughter is sending texts to or receiving from is good enough----content of the text is not really as important. If sprint is able to provide at least that information, I'd be satisfied. If other wireless companies are able to do that, why can't Sprint?

• 8. Tracking Text Messages
    14KNIGHT Sprint Employee

The information is available however it is not currently on line. There is a project to get this information on line but a completion date has not  been released. 

• 9. Tracking Text Messages
    Mercedy Newbie

I hope this helps--depending on what phone you have there are apps available on Market that enables you to monitor incoming outgoing text messages, MMS, phone calls, GPS location, browsing history etc. I just switched to Sprint 2 days ago and I'm very disappointed that they do not have this option like T-mobile. But try that and search for SMS tracker.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points