This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Apr 17, 2011 12:50 AM by rev31 RSS

froze lg rumor touch

flyboyjon Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

i have a lg rumor touch really good shape never fell on the ground it out of now were when i was sending a picture message froze so i took the battery out then when i went to turn the phone back on it keeps freezing at the please wait screen is this fixable?

• 1. Re: froze lg rumor touch
    KIM4779 Newbie

Hey mine did the same thing, I put it on the charger last night and when I woke up (late due to no alarm clock) it was on the please wait Rumor Touch Screen. I took the battery out, let it sit for about 5 minutes and it does the same thing. So not a happy camper with Sprint or LG right now. But does anyone know how to fix it? 

• 2. Re: froze lg rumor touch
    sandrafizzle Regular Visitor

Mines is doing that exact same thing! I don't know what happened to it but I went to sleep and when I woke up the screen has the "Please wait.." and the Rumor Touch logo on it. It's still like that right now, I even took the battery out twice and waited a few mins. Do I call for help or do I take it in? Out of all the touch screen phones that LG has, you would've thought that they could make this better?

• 3. Re: froze lg rumor touch
    Levi4u Master

Take it into a Sprint Service & Repair center, It would be easier for them to diagnose what the issue may be. If it is still under warranty or if you have insurance they will repair/replace it for free.

• 4. Re: froze lg rumor touch
    KIM4779 Newbie

Hey all, I brought LG Rumor Touch into a Sprint service center, they originally said it just needed to have the software updated, but they ended up giving me a new phone. The only thing that sucks is that I lost everything all my contacts, photos, ringers all of it. I am still waiting for Sprint's customer service to see if they will credit my account to re-buy the stuff that I just bought since the ringers and such are only good on one handset.

• 5. Re: froze lg rumor touch
    1MINDYW Newbie

The past 2 days when i try to connect to facebook through the icon i got the message network connection error. Please try again later. Went to my web browser and was able to connect fine to facebook.  Called sprint and we tried a restore and same issue.  Told me to take it to a sprint store problem could be the icon.  Tried this morning just for the heck of it and connected fine through the icon!  Not sure what's going on.  Just a little peeved since i've only had the phone a few months.

• 6. Re: froze lg rumor touch
    JWITTOCK84 Newbie

My Rumor Touch is also frozen at the intro "Please Wait" screen.  It happened after I was rebooting after a firmware update.  My Web browser had somehow became corrupted and I had to do a hard reset, which didn't even fix the browser.  Tried the firmware update and it is now stuck...  tech support had no answer.   bleh...

• 7. Re: froze lg rumor touch
    ibified23 Newbie

Actually, if its under warranty and you do not have insurance, they will charge you to look at it.  At least that's what they told me, and my phone is a month old.  Sprint is useless.

• 8. Re: froze lg rumor touch
    rev31 Newbie

IBIFIED, not true... I had my LG freeze and I spoke with the customer service at my local Sprint store and he was able to exchange it out with a new one on the spot, but not the same color I had or I would've had to wait a few days to get a new one. I would push it issue, you are a customer.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...