This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 18, 2010 9:25 AM by BIGDAD2008 RSS

igoogle widget with multiple lines on Sprint account

BIGDAD2008 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I added the widget to my iGoogle home page.

Very nice.  But...  I could not figure out how to configure it to my phone number.  I have 4 phones on my account and it defaulted to the oldest, longest existing number on the account.

Is there a way to change / set-up the widget so it defaults to my number?

One of the ramifications of this issue:  the text message feature is not functional to me since there is no way to change the "from" phone number to mine.  If I were to use the message feature, it would look like the text message was coming from my wife's phone.

Thanks all.

• 1. Re: igoogle widget with multiple lines on Sprint account
    ClaudiPo Silver Expert

The default phone shown in the widget is the device attached to your My Sprint profile (its the device for which you see all the information under My device & media), which in your case happens to be the oldest phone on the account.  Unfortunately, the widget is not enhanced enough to let you set a new default number.  But there are two ways to get the information for the phone of your choice show up as well as allow you to use the online messaging tool:

1. Disassociate the current phone from My Sprint profile:

• Click on My preferences
    • Click on Tell us about your device
    • Select the 'Yes, take this device off completely' radio button
    • Click Save
    • Enter the phone number of the device you want to see by default in the widget

Note that this option will now change everything under My device and media to reflect the information for the new phone.  If you don't want to do this (because the person with the oldest device is using that page and they don't have their own login), you can:

2. Create a new profile with a different username

• Go to https://mysprint.sprint.com/mysprint/pages/sl/common/createProfile.jsp?notMeClicked=true (Registration page)
    • Enter a new username and new or same password
    • Under step 2 (Give us your phone or account info), enter the phone number of the device you want to see by default in the widget
    • Enter you billing zip code and PIN if you want to use this profile to manage your account and see the other subs on the widget;  if not, you can leave the fields blank
    • Click Submit
    • Log out of the iGoogle widget and log back in with your new username/password

Obviously, the first option is the cleaner one.  If you're the account owner, you should attach your phone to the profile and create separate profiles for the other subscribers on your account.

• 2. Re: igoogle widget with multiple lines on Sprint account
    BIGDAD2008 Newbie

Thanks for the response.  Not sure of all the ramifications of Option 1.  May go with Option 2.  I'll have to give this some thought and determine next steps.  Thanks again!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points