This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 21 Replies Latest reply: Sep 1, 2011 1:30 PM by A_RIDE_4_EVER RSS

Sprint 4G in South Florida

BOB179692 Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

Seems to me Miami hosting one of Sprints Premiere events, the final weekend of the 2010 Sprint racing season, would find Sprint wanting to have their latest and greatest product rolled out in this market. Haven't seen it yet; just a thought. Sure wouldn't want to be them, having the event in an area where their most exciting product is not yet in place. What a public relations nightmare. Come on Sprint lets get going!

Message was edited by: BOB17969

• 1. Re: Sprint 4G in South Florida
    Nicktrinidad Newbie

I've been patiently waiting since I got my EVO. Paying the extra $20 a month (2 EVOs for me and the girl) and still no signs of 4G...I thought they said end of August for Miami...guess I was wrong

Anyone want to shine some light on this?

• 2. Re: Sprint 4G in South Florida
    NEVULUS1213 Newbie

Over the summer I walked into the Sprint store and was told 4g would be coming to Miami in a few weeks.

2 months later I walk into a Sprint store to pick up a charger for my Palm Pre and I hear once again that 4g would be coming in 2 weeks to Miami.

Earlier this week I went into the Sprint store to upgrade my phone and purchase a HTC Evo 4g and once again I am told that 4g would be coming to Miami in 2 weeks.

I am starting to think that everything I hear in the Sprint store is all bs to convince users in the store to purchase the HTC Evo or Samsung Epic. I was going to purchase an HTC regardless because I am moving to Philly soon where I KNOW there is 4g coverage, albeit not that great. So what gives? When is South Florida ACTUALLY going to get 4g coverage?

• 3. Re: Sprint 4G in South Florida

Well they have 2 days to get it up before race weekend in Homestead where I will be. Interested to see if they setup a hotspot at the track? I will report back if that is what they do. I don't think they will throw the switch in 2 days, but something tells me they want bragging rights at Homestead over the weekend. I know that TMobile customers in So. FL have their 4G. Hey Sprint where is ours. You publicly stated it would be this year in earlier press releases. I know you refuse to be nailed down any further than that, so get on the stick and get this thing done! You have 6 weeks left!

• 4. Re: Sprint 4G in South Florida
    DMack1956 Newbie

There are pockets of 4G service available in South Florida. There is an app called Sensorly.com that will show you where 4G works.

• 5. Re: Sprint 4G in South Florida

Pockets ain't what we were promised. From news release dated 28 June 2010, " In 2010, Sprint expects to launch 4G service in multiple markets, including Boston, Cincinnati, Clevland, Denver, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, New York, Pittsburgh, San Fransisco and Washington, D.C.". I know I expect to wake up tommorrow morning, but if I don't I don't get to charge everyone $10 a month if not. By the way no 4G at the race this weekend either, but they did have a big sign at the victory lane celebration "Sprint, we love our customers". Get this thing going please.

Message was edited by: BOB17969

• 6. Re: Sprint 4G in South Florida

Sprint announces South FL 4G rollout. Not where I am. Hope they are still working on it! Anyone else had any luck?

• 7. Re: Sprint 4G in South Florida
    NEVULUS1213 Newbie

Was at Davie, FL at NSU campus, no 4g there. Drove down 95 on my way home to Collins avenue in the 20s, no 4g coverage in Miami Beach at all, I checked from the 60s down to 6th avenue and Washington. Disappointed, was told I would be getting 4g in Miami Beach, was lied to or perhaps they just were misinformed.

• 8. Re: Sprint 4G in South Florida

Ok the official Sprint statement to my complaint is that "The 4G coverage is available in almost all the areas." You be the judge; check out the South Florida 4G coverage map and tell me if you think even adds up to 50% of the market. Can't believe that they now include us as one of the markets where they provide 4G. Interested to see what everyone else thinks.

• 9. Re: Sprint 4G in South Florida
    robl450 Valued Member

yea this is ****, i'd like my 20 bucks a month back that me and my wife are paying for.  I live in deerfield beach, there is no coverage for miles.  basically only coverage is on highways and even that is from like pompano beach south.  I work in plantation so get some 4G on the highways.   what did they do, put some coverage over highways in miami and fort lauderdale and some in westpalm beach and call it a day?  apparently boca doesn't matter.  i was specifically told by a rep when i called that I would have 4g in deerfield beach.  maybe I should call and tell them where they can shove their contract so I can go to verizon or tmobile and actually get 4G.  what a waste.

• 10. Re: Sprint 4G in South Florida

Anyone beside me think this should be illegal.

If they call this 4G coverage and you dont check the map, good luck to you!

http://sprint.m.delivery.net/w/webView?cid=13888445088&mid=1780334679&pid=932950&vid=1053&ee=d2VhdmVycmRAYmVsbHNvdXRoLm5ldA__&si=&mv=T&bv=H&oc=N&sc=&k=1g7S1N

• 11. Re: Sprint 4G in South Florida
    robl450 Valued Member

so far the 4g that does exist is useless at best, just disconnects all the time.  and i still don't have 4g within 5 miles of my house in any direction.

• 12. Re: Sprint 4G in South Florida
    Worker8888 Newbie

I'm having the same problems in Miami with a 4G Desktop Modem, With an apparent good signal. Totally frustrating.

• 13. Re: Sprint 4G in South Florida
    robl450 Valued Member

notice how sprint is silent on this?  its because all they want to do is claim they have 4g usable or not with their backwards wifi system when providers like att and tmobile actually have faster speeds that are usable.  not only that, verizon will have 4g actually in my area very soon.  I really want sprint to take the phones back and cancel the contract so I can go somewhere that isn't false advertising, but unfortunately it will take a lawsuit before they honor their committments.

• 14. Re: Sprint 4G in South Florida

My feelings exactly. I certainly hope they don't consider Miami area full 4G rollout, or in other words they need to put enough equipment in place to service the area they claim is being serviced. If not they have me hostage for a while, but I always vote with my wallet and will not look back at the end of my "commitment". Funny thing I don't really hold a grudge, but once you get me like that (hold me hostage for a period of time), I seem to never forget. And I sure tell everyone I know about my experience. Stay tuned!

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...