This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 25 Replies Latest reply: Apr 3, 2011 9:48 PM by BMG4ME Branched to a new discussion. RSS

HTC EVO not ringing on incoming calls????

EKOZZZ Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

My EVO will not ring when there is an incoming call.  I get every other alert...even the one telling me that I've missed a call.  What can I do to fix this?  I've gone to settings, I've set the volume, I've taken it off the setting that "quiets" the phone once you move to pick it up.  Nothing is working.  I've even restarted the phone and it will ring for one phone call and then it won't ring after that call.  Please help!!!!

• 1. Re: HTC EVO not ringing on incoming calls????
    manhattanmarg Regular Visitor

I've been having the same problem - it started recently, probably during a software update - I see the Android avatar, and it doesn't ring - I tried to call it from my land line, and after six rings, it went directly to voice mail - has anyone come up with a fix?  I guess I'll just break down and call tech support to see what they have to say about it -

• 2. Re: HTC EVO not ringing on incoming calls????
    PHYREGDSS666 Newbie

Mine too! I took it to the Sprint store and they treated me like an idiot. Their response was, "we changed the settings, are you SURE you didn't have it on silent?" I didn't, I'm not stupid and after spending what I did on this phone I KNOW how to use it. I will be going higher up than my local store today because this is ridiculous. There has to be a problem with the phone if we can't fix it through settings. If I get anywhere I will post back to let you know what road to take with it.

• 3. Re: HTC EVO not ringing on incoming calls????
    Silver Expert

Just a standard question for you all:

Do you have a task killer installed?  Many techs install these task killers when people purchase phones (Best Buy, Sprint, Radio Shack, the problem is rampant).  If you were the victim of an i.diotic salesperson installing a task killer on your phone when you bought it, uninstall said task killer/manager immediately.  Restart your phone and everything should be right as rain.  This issues sounds very task killer-esce to me.

If it isn't, then I am not sure what's up, sorry.

• 4. Re: HTC EVO not ringing on incoming calls????
    BMG4ME Regular Visitor

I had the same issue where it was not ringing, except if I was on another call, and the text messages and voice mail messages would only download if I was on a call.  The solution was not one you are going to like - a replacement phone.

• 5. Re: HTC EVO not ringing on incoming calls????
    manhattanmarg Regular Visitor

did you reboot your EVO?  I did that first, didn't work - then took it in to the store - they did a factory reset and the phone has been working fine ever since (but I shouldn't have said that ;-D)

• 6. Re: HTC EVO not ringing on incoming calls????
    BMG4ME Regular Visitor

Yes, several reboots, 2 factory resets, problem persisted.  Maybe you have the same issue and it's currently intermittent, hopefully it stays that way.  As far as I am concerned, once I have done 2 factory resets it's time for a new phone since the effort is the same in getting it customized properly.

• 7. Re: HTC EVO not ringing on incoming calls????
    DroppedCallsInJersey Newbie

Similar problem here...after some trial and error i discovered that it only fails to ring if the caller has a private # and has unblocked the private # ( using *82 in my area)

• 8. Re: HTC EVO not ringing on incoming calls????
    pjh42 Regular Visitor

Look at Settings > Call and make sure that DDTM mode is not checked.

Detect language » English
    L
  • 9. Re: HTC EVO not ringing on incoming calls????
    BMG4ME Regular Visitor

These suggestions are great, just be prepared that it could be a faulty phone.  If the phone is never ringing, and you only receive voicemail messsages and text messages when you are making a call, and you DO receive calls (call waiting) when you are on another call, then don't waste your time fiddling with settings - the phone needs replacing.

• 10. Re: HTC EVO not ringing on incoming calls????
    PHYREGDSS666 Newbie

I have to agree with Barry on this. I had to factory reset my phone 3 times and then argue with Sprint and HTC for a month. Finally I found the email of a boardmember. My phone was replaced in 3 days. This is an internal problem or a software problem. The phones need to be replaced. No amount of messing with the settings is going to fix it. Good luck, you will need it.

• 11. Re: HTC EVO not ringing on incoming calls????
    pjh42 Regular Visitor

Are you going to share that board member's email with us? :-)

Detect language » English
    A
  • 12. Re: HTC EVO not ringing on incoming calls????
    daniel1467 Newbie

I have two Evo's both have the same problem.

When calling them, the person calling still gets the normal ring count and the normal voicemail for them.  But on my end of the phone I see nothing.. I've attempted to call my cellphone from a landline and watched my cellphone. Nothing happens, I don't even get an avatar saying I have an incoming call.

This is happening on two different Evo's.

• 13. Re: HTC EVO not ringing on incoming calls????
    FarleyDyanna Newbie

It's happening to me as well.  We to Sprint repair store and it actually did the same thing when they called my EVO.  The tech didn't even attempt to repair it, she just ordered me another phone with a 2-5 dday wait.  She said she'd tried to repair this issue before with no success.  Oh did I mention that I also called tech support 3/7 and they supposedly resolved the issue.  Wow, I don't know what to expect now.  Your two phones now makes a total of 5 I've heard of with this issue. HELP Sprint

• 14. HTC EVO not ringing on incoming calls????
    DanaMillan Bronze Expert

I did not have the issue but could not get my EVO to sync with my PC to load pics and music to my phone. Tech support said to take it to the repair center after we reset my phone and it did not fix it. The repair center in the Sprint Store tested my phone (took 30 minutes) and found there was a software issue. They ordered me a new phone and I had it in 2 days. The rep said that some of the earlier EVOs have software issues and this may very well be the issue for the phone not ringing as well. I would definitely take time to take the phone to a repair center inside a corporate store (if you use find a store feature on sprint.com corporate stores are the ones without "by ..." such as by iWireless; they will simply say Sprint Store) and have them test it! It worked great for me!!!

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points