This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply: Jan 30, 2011 1:28 PM by FRANKGLENN RSS

LG Rumor Touch Facebook App

FAS8253 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Everytime I try and open facebook using the app on my phone, it tries to load for a few minutes, then I get an error message saying "A network error has occured. Please try again later. Could not connect".

I have upgraded the version on my phone.

My wife has the same phone, no problems.

HELP.

• 1. Re: LG Rumor Touch Facebook App
    STRIPES58 Newbie

I've been having the EXACT same problem with my rumor touch phone.  I don't know if it is a Facebook problem, a Sprint problem, or a LG problem, but I'm glad I'm not the only one that has been having this problem.  I got this phone as an upgrade to my other phone and I REALLY like having facebook mobile.

And going to the website on the phone isn't a good workaround, because after I login, the webpage only shows a number in a red box (maybe notifications I have on my page) and the top of a facebook page.  Any of the icons I touch (Home, Profile, Friends) has no response.

• 2. Re: LG Rumor Touch Facebook App
    FAS8253 Newbie

It appears to be a Java issue. I get the same thing when I try Twitter and MySpace

• 3. Re: LG Rumor Touch Facebook App
    AKELLERM Newbie

Exact same issue here. Not solved yet. I don't think it's java since the demo games work, and they are in java.

My Rumor Touch will not connect to the built in facebook or myspace apps. I keep getting an error:

A network error has occured. Please try again later. Could not connect.

I  can send photos to my account, but can't even access it from the web or  using the built in app. I've upgraded the browser, updated the phone's  firmware, removed the battery, shut off and the back on.

**Update - I called Sprint service. Apparently, the phone itself has an issue and I must bring it in for service or replacement. My husband has the same phone, and he doesn't have this issue. So early next week I will be taking my phone to the Sprint store to get serviced or replaced.

Message was edited by: AKELLERM01

• 4. Re: LG Rumor Touch Facebook App
    800.00 Newbie

My grandson and I have the same problem.

• 5. Re: LG Rumor Touch Facebook App
    BBS1950 Newbie

I'm having issues with not being able to get Facebook on my Rumor LG Touch phone  - called Sprint Customer Service yesterday and was told after an hour on the phone that they could not do anything about this - Facebook was already on my phone when I purchased it, and have been able to use it until about a week ago - now all of a sudden, I keep getting "network problems - cannot connect - try again later" - but it never works.  I find it interesting that Sprint just brushed me off on this - I have been a Sprint "Premier" customer for a very long time - but things like this make me want to consider that it might be time to think about switching to another cell phone company.

• 6. Re: LG Rumor Touch Facebook App
    MEN3IES Newbie

My daughter has this problem with Texting.

I'm seeing lots of bad reviews on previous generations of the Rumor.

This is her first LG phone -- I'm sensing a pattern of defective design and function.

(we just took the six-day-old phone into the Sprint Store and had it replaced)

• 7. Re: LG Rumor Touch Facebook App
    DanaCGaddis Newbie

I just got this phone yesterday and I am having the same problem but my husband is not. I better not have to pay to get this fixed since I have only had it a day!!!!

• 8. Re: LG Rumor Touch Facebook App
    SJKHALE1 Newbie

It appears as Facebook is changing the app for the phone.

• 9. Re: LG Rumor Touch Facebook App
    1MINDYW Newbie

I'm having the same issue.  When i choose the facebook app it opens up in the web browser now not like it was before.  It is a pain when you view facebook as a webpage on the phone!  I called sprint last night and was on the phone for about an hour. They did a reset to my phone but it didn't work.  App still not working properly.  The lady told me they believe it must be a facebook problem and i was about the 3rd person with LG Rumor Touch phone who called about this issue.  If it is a facebook issue i hope it is resoved soon!

• 10. Re: LG Rumor Touch Facebook App
    GESNIPES Newbie

My wife's LG Rumor wouldn't launch the Facebook app. When launching the app, it would begin to load, and then give a Network Error. For a week I tried and failed to get this resolved.

Today, I drove to the Sprint store (about 30 minutes from my house). When standing in line, I tried it again and it worked. Now, it works every time. For some reason, going into a different coverage area allowed it to connect. Not sure if this will be the same result for others, but it's worth a try. Now everything on her phone works perfectly.

• 11. Re: LG Rumor Touch Facebook App
    BOLLOM1 Newbie

I am getting the same thing, hit my regular Facebook that loads directly but it looks like it is loading up then takes me to a web browser to load and asks me for my email and password.  Went to 2 sprint stores, first store said that a service tech can look at but will be a 45 minute wait.  2nd store guy did all sorts of updates, turned off and on, took battery out and then handed it back to me and said he does not know what is wrong with it???? Good luck I guess I am on my own.....?  It is really a hassle to do it this way and takes away the best feature of this phone...I hope they get it worked out and quick!

• 12. Re: LG Rumor Touch Facebook App
    1MINDYW Newbie

Does anyone have any idea when this facebook app will be updated for this phone?  This is VERY FRUSTRATING when you view facebook as a webpage on the phone.  Can we get an answer from someone on this?  I am very disappointed about this issue!!!!!

• 13. Re: LG Rumor Touch Facebook App
    DALEKRISTA Newbie

I've had the same issue.  Now my facebook app takes me to the web version whenever I attempt to open it.  Like one of the other posters, I don't care much for the web version.  Sprint/LG/Facebook needs to get this fixed.  I just recently upgraded to a data plan and e-mail and facebook are about the only things I use data for.

• 14. Re: LG Rumor Touch Facebook App
    MUPPETBABY82 Newbie

I've contacted Sprint several times about this issue. I got bounced around to a bunch of people that basically don't care and tell me that it is Facebook's issue. Sprint could care less about their customers..if it wasn't for their cheap data plan I would NOT have signed up with them again. I don't think this issue is ever going to be resolved.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points