This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: May 26, 2011 6:47 AM by ClaudiPo RSS

Learn about Premium Text Messaging keywords

EMILYWILSON872 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

How do I get the short code texting to work on my Palm Pixi.  Everytime I send a short code text, I receive an error message of "Message failed. Shortcode texting may be blocked on your account. Msg 1051"

• 1. Re: Learn about Premium Text Messaging keywords
    abe2020 Sprint Employee

What's happening is basically your phone number may be blocked in our Premium Messaging Gateway Tool for blocking 3rd pty premium messaging so that you dont get charged for any premium messaging.Please send me a private message with your phone number and account pin or security question answer and I can make sure your phone number is unblocked.

• 2. Re: Learn about Premium Text Messaging keywords
    CAMOMIA1214 Newbie

I'm having the exact same problem !! I'm getting the very same message everytime I try to use shortcode texting. I can't receive texts from my bank or other accounts until this is resolved. Is there any way you could do the same for my phone?  Thanks so much

• 3. Re: Learn about Premium Text Messaging keywords
    ClaudiPo Silver Expert

Please note that we don't have your account information based on your Community display name.  If you'd like one of the Sprint Techs to help with an account-related matter, please send them a private message with your account number and PIN (or answer to your security question).  Always confirm that the person you're sending this information to has the Sprint logo attached to their name.

• 4. Re: Learn about Premium Text Messaging keywords
    AXULUS007 Newbie

I am also having the same problem.  I'm trying to send a premium SMS to purchase some games/ringtones for my phone.  Called tech support and they told me nothing on my account was blocked.  The shortcode works fine on my friend's AT&T phone.

When I send an SMS to 66555, I get an immediate reply back as follows:

To: Me

Message failed.  Shortcode may have expired or shortcode texting may be blocked on your account.  Msg 1051

• 5. Learn about Premium Text Messaging keywords
    ClaudiPo Silver Expert

As you started a new discussion with the same question I will close this thread.  I asked one of the Messaging Product Managers about the problem; let's see what she comes back with.  We may have to have one of our techs take another look at your account.  Feel free to send me a private message via my profile page with your Sprint phone number and I'll pass it on to someone with access to your account.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points