10 Replies Latest reply: Apr 27, 2011 6:00 PM by beliving RSS

My LG Optimus S isn't receiving incoming text...

GREATBYBRITTAIN22 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

My LG Optimus S is only a month old, for the first 2 weeks I got all my incoming text messages, since then nothing. I took it back they popped out the battery and I got the test text and one other for the day, since then nothing. Is anyone else having this issue and have you come up with a solution? If so please share. I can't keep popping out the battery to reset the phone daily just to get my text, that is crazy. Thank you

• 1. Re: My LG Optimus S isn't receiving incoming text...
    vferrari Newbie

Having a very similar if not the same problem.  It appears that the Optimus is trying to store the text messages on internal RAM memory (very scarce especially if you have any Sprint ID's installed) vice the SD card where I have plenty of room.  The messages fail to get delivered to my phone with a status message that text message memory is full (which can't be true if they are being stored to the SD card - I have 12GB free space there).  The issue started after a few weeks and persisted even after I deleted all my message threads.  It seems that the problem is exacerbated if you have a lot of apps installed to internal phone (vs. SD) memory.  Anyone out there know if there is a setting or option that I am not aware of that ensure texts get saved to the SD card vice phone memory?

• 2. Re: My LG Optimus S isn't receiving incoming text...
    joejoe1111 Newbie

was having similar issues..  ended up looking in my music player widget, and although no song was playing, a song was "paused".  couldn't figure out how to exit completely without leaving song "paused".  went into settings, applications, running services, turned off the music player, and about 100 texts came rushing through from the last few days.

hope this helps someone

• 3. Re: My LG Optimus S isn't receiving incoming text...
    SRJDTJ123 Newbie

My LG Optimus S is doing the same thing! I've only had it for 2 weeks and I think I accidently "force stopped" an application called "com.android.DunServer" and ever since then it hasn't been recieving anybody's texts to me but they can recieve mine. I do not know how to start up that application again and am wondering if that is the problem? I do not want Sprint to have to reset my phone, so someone please help! thanks.

• 4. Re: My LG Optimus S isn't receiving incoming text...
    BPILLOTE2 Newbie

My LG Optimus S will, without warning, simply stop recieving text messages. I need to restart the phone in order to get the messages I was missing, and I have no idea what is wrong with my phone.

• 5. Re: My LG Optimus S isn't receiving incoming text...
    AMYRAY63 Newbie

I have had my optimus S 4 almost 8 wks & started this passed wknd. Didn't realize at 1st. Wasn't till my friends & family started calling,"What, u don't respond to text msgs anymore? I've sent ...4, 5..."! Various #'s as hrs, days went on. I tried deleting, msgs, apps, mms, pulled battery doz Xs...nada, zip, squat. Nothing is workings. So, NO! I do NOT ASSUME QUESTION HAS BEEN ANSWERED, ISSUE SOLVED RESOLVED!

• 6. My LG Optimus S isn't receiving incoming text...
    sandieroot Newbie

The only problems I have are phone freezing up and my phone tells me I am running out of space. Funny thing is I have an 8 gig memory card in my phone. I am always having to delete apps and that gets old.

• 7. My LG Optimus S isn't receiving incoming text...
    beliving Bronze Expert

Perhaps it's a memory issue like previously mentioned. For me, I move all the apps to the SD card and have Dophin Browser set to cache to the SD card.  This keeps me over 30MB of free space on the phone, so I don't have an issue with receiving text messages.

• 8. Re: My LG Optimus S isn't receiving incoming text...
    justmar Newbie

Just found this post after responding to another similar thread. My (wife's) phone is having a similar issue. It is also affecting voicemail and email (both of which aren't downloading, email sometimes won't send). Sprint customer service didn't help much (told my wife to clear the browser cache, which freed up almost no space). I notice that by far the most space or any app is taken by the "Mail" app (almost 50 Mb). Anyone know how to reduce that? Also I'm not convinced this is purely a space issue. Any further advice or experience solving would be appreciated.  Thanks!

• 9. My LG Optimus S isn't receiving incoming text...
    justmar Newbie

Just a follow up on this issue... I ended up just choosing the Clear Data option under the Email app. Then had to re-add the two email accounts, but that brought the Email app size from over 50 Mb down to 1 Mb. We haven't been having the text message errors since keeping more memory free on the phone, so hopefully this will help a lot. If the Email app gets huge again one other option to try is using other apps for email (like ones specific to Gmail, Yahoo, etc) that might have better control over how much email is synced and cached on the phone.

• 10. My LG Optimus S isn't receiving incoming text...
    beliving Bronze Expert

That's great news!  Thanks for the follow up.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points