This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 11, 2011 1:35 PM by beliving RSS

Find and update the software version on your LG Optimus S

Minstefjord Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

My current SW version is LS670zv9, and when I try to update it tells me everything is up to date.... what am I supposed to do to get the newest version? I'm having a lot of problems with the SD card being removed without me even looking at the phone....

mari

• 1. Re: Find and update the software version on your LG Optimus S
    Valued Member

There is an update that fixes your SD card issue.

Software update to LS670ZVC for the LG Optimus S will be available starting Monday February 7, 2011.

• Software Update LS670ZVC automatically downloads because it is a recommended download.
    • It will take approximately 5 minutes to complete.
    • The following fixes are included with this software update.
    • SD Card Detection Error:
      • The SD card may not be detected by the device when powered on.

Check your software by:

1. Press Menu, then tap Settings.
      2. Scroll down, then tap About phone.
      3. Scroll down to SW Version: LS670ZVC

If you don't have this version please try: Menu, Settings, About Phone, Update  Firmware.

Brenda

Sprint Tech Support

• 2. Re: Find and update the software version on your LG Optimus S
      beliving Bronze Expert

I tried updating the firware, but my phone said there is no firmware update available.  I have software version LS670ZV9.

• 3. Re: Find and update the software version on your LG Optimus S
      beliving Bronze Expert

My phone said there was an update available this morning.  I selected to update, but it didn't appear to respond, so I tapped again, but I think both taps may have registered after all.  I conclude that because the phone rebooted, but could not install the update package because it couldn't find it.  My software version still ends in V9.  Now, every time I select to update firmware, it says no update is available.

On my wife's Optimus, I was more careful.  I tapped "more info" and it told me about the update and put an icon in the notification bar.  Upon tapping the notification icon, the phone showed the download was successful and verified.  I think this is the step my phone messed up on.  Anyway, I selected to reboot and install the update and it went smoothly.

I was expecting to return to a factory reset phone, so I was pleased to see that everything was just the way it was prior to the update.

Well, I tried to factory reset my phone, in hopes the update would download again.  No luck there.  Even with a factory reset phone, it still says no update is available, and it still shows V9.  I tried to find a way to install the update over the computer, but that option doesn't exist.  I suppose it's off to the Sprint store.

• 4. Re: Find and update the software version on your LG Optimus S
      beliving Bronze Expert

UPDATE:

Looks like the phone thought there was an update and tried again.  I did the same steps as my wifes phone; however, upon reboot, I got the error:

E:Error in /cache/ce68c4a9a3ab.LS670zV9_VC_Inc.zip

(Status 7)

Installation aborted. no valide image in CACHE.

When I select to apply sdcard:update.zip, I get the error:

E:failed to open /sdcard/update/sip (No such file or directory)

E:signature verification failed

Installation aborted.

Now my wife is telling me that the Home button stopped responding on her Optimus.

• 5. Re: Find and update the software version on your LG Optimus S
      beliving Bronze Expert

FINAL VERDICT:

First, I would like to thank Brenda for all your help trying to resolve the problem my phone is having.  I appreciate your time.

I was able to get my wife's home button working again.  I just had to fix the installation of ADW launcher.

However, my phone is still on V9.  I brought it into the Sprint store and explained everything to the sales rep.  I also explained that I had no issues prior to the update.  So, he recommended that I just stay on V9, which is fine with me.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
    • Helpful Answers - 2 points