This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 27, 2011 1:51 AM by SprintReallySuXX RSS

issues with 1xRTT/3G ...

psutt Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

Just got the Evo Shift on Wednesday and so far I love it!  But, I have a few questions...

Does the phone have 1xRTT capabilities?  I know that might sound like a silly question, but the owner's manual mentions there should be an icon for 1xRTT and I have yet to see one.

I live in an area where coverage is not that great and I have an Airave.  Weird things seem to happen sometimes with the Airave and the data signal.  (I have the old Airave, not for 3G).  Sometimes, I will have full bars, and try to go onto the web and I get a message saying I have no connection, and that I should turn on my Wifi.  I would think if I wasn't able to pick up a 3G signal, that it would just use 1xRTT.  Maybe not?

I was under the impression that with the Airave, there could be a full signal from the Airave, and if there was a 3G signal available, it would connect to that too.  My Samsung Rant worked that way, anyway.

Also, I find that with the roaming set to automatic, it drops my Airave signal occassionally when another signal is stronger.  With the roaming set to Sprint only, this doesn't seem to happen (or at least not as often).

Anyone experience the same issues?!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points