This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 25, 2011 8:31 AM by MarkeeBoo RSS

4G Michigan

antwoo Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

So where is the 4G in Michigan well in Detroit????  Because I don't see 4G anywhere besides Grand Rapids.

• 1. 4G Michigan
    Irishman42 Valued Member

I currently live in the Detroit metro area as well and this is a hot topic around these parts. I have never had a bad thing to say about Sprint until recently, and this is one of the biggest reasons. This area is the 9th largest populated area in the country. Of the top 31 largest areas, Detroit is the only area that doesn't have 4g from Sprint. Notice I say Sprint because the other carriers do have it here.   I'm not sure who the rocket scientist is that decided such a large populated area should be put on the back burner, but they should be fired because they have made a huge mistake. I also don't know what Sprints market share is in this area, but I do know that its going to be considerably less if Wimax doesn't get here soon. I don't know maybe Sprint did research on this and figured the thousands of customers here in Detroit aren't that big of a loss. I doubt that though.  I see on Clearwires map that Flint and Lansing along with Toledo, Ohio are showing some coverage. Are you kidding me, Toledo? Don't get me wrong I'm sure the 300,000 people there are deserving of 4g to. But compared to an area of 4 million, it just doesn't sound like smart business to me. I mean as I mentioned earlier the other carriers seemed to think this was an important market. Now I'm wondering if this area will ever see Wimax, or do we have to wait until Lte comes, which probably won't be until 2013 at the earliest. If that's the case I guarantee Sprint will have lost thousands of loyal customers to a carrier that thinks Detroit is important to business. Ok I'm done ranting now. Like I said this is a hot topic here in Detroit.

• 2. Re: 4G Michigan
    antwoo Newbie

I feel you 100% because this sucks and check this out. Did you checkout Hawaii? They have it there as well not hating but come on. An island can have 4G but we cant wow.

• 3. 4G Michigan
    MarkeeBoo Regular Visitor

Please see my posting in regards to Detroit and 4G.  

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/270060#270060

Essentially it talks about my having been on a 4G connection on the campus of Wayne State in Downtown Detroit!

There is hope yet guys.  And although I feel it is weak.  Technically Sprint did have 4G in Detroit before the end of this quarter!

• 4. 4G Michigan
    SHOMAN4444 Newbie

I was told that dont even plan on the 4g happening anytime soon on my 4G phone that i pay $10 extra a month to have without the 4G, what a freaking deal, and waste of my money.. I just got screwed out of $440 on my whole contract with the 4G that i dont have. Thanks Sprint for not having 4g ready and up and running in the main spots of michigan. When i first got the phone i was told yes its coming soon, talked to a friend of mine that works for a carrier, and said don't plan on it anytime soon...Makes me want to pay the extra to go back to verizon and spend a little more i guess.

• 5. 4G Michigan
    MarkeeBoo Regular Visitor

I guess you guys missed my previous post.  You need to either use Sensorly.com(they have an app as well) or go to Clear.com.  They both show 4G in the Detroit metro area.  it isnt only on WSU campus.anymore.  it extends all the way uo Woodard to Ferndale.  Along the M59 corridor.  in Warren and Garden City/Livonia.

So you will have to find something else to complain about.  And now to what i consider your whining.  Did someone force you to sign a contract to bay the extra $10 a month?  I assume you are an adult.  so you should not have been so easily influenced.or.fooled.to get into something without realizing the risk yiu were taking.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...