This discussion is archived
9 Replies Latest reply: Mar 19, 2011 7:00 PM by ranpat86 RSS

Texting issues????

KMATTY1971 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

ANYONE HAVING TEXT ISSUES??  AS OF TONITE MY EPIC IS NOW NOT KEEPING MY TEXT CONVO IN ORDER MINE ARE GOING TO THE TOP AND GROUPING TOGETHER AND THE REPLY IS GROUPING TOGETHER AND I CANT DOWN LOAD ANY APPS... ANY IDEAS???????????????????????????????  KAREN

• 1. Texting issues????
    jrnavid13 Regular Visitor

Hi! Ok my sister and I have an EVO and texting has been going crazy sometimes. People are telling me that some of my texts are blank, and both those people are on Nextel or Boost, which are Sprint companies. Idk whats going on, SPRINT HELP!!

• 2. Texting issues????
    VOBGUY Valued Member

I have missed several texts, including ones that were replies to ones I sent succesfully.

• 3. Texting issues????
    RHONDAWALSINGHAM Newbie

Sprint customers, please be aware, Sprint will not give you a list of the numbers you have texted or numbers that have texted you, UNLESS you get a form notarized from their security department!  Most other phone companies list this information on their bill OR give you immediate access to it online.  Sprint expects you to simply pay the bill with no proof of activity.   Shame on you Sprint!  Also, there is no way to make a formal complaint unless you email the general "contact us" address!  Please consider this before signing a contract with Sprint!

• 4. Texting issues????
    ranpat86 Newbie

I'm experiencing the same issue of my text messages appearing out of order.  Samsung Epic 4G update was a bust and I think we may be living with the flaws until it's time to upgrade.

• 5. Texting issues????
    robbiedoo2001 Bronze Expert

Did you do your update ota or otw?

• 6. Texting issues????
    ranpat86 Newbie

I did mine over the wired.  I went to the Samsung website and downloaded the update and installed it on my phone.  There are just a couple of things that are annoying about the update besides the text messages going out of order.  The other one is the gyro takes a few seconds to adjut the screen orientation and it appears but I haven't been able to fully determine as of yet but I think the GPS may also be buggy.

• 7. Texting issues????
    ranpat86 Newbie

I'm a system's administrator for a school district so I work with technology everyday so this doesn't change my view of Sprint because of a Samsung update.  XDA Developers does some really great work creating custom ROMs so I'm sure in the near future I will be able to install a custom ROM if, Samsung hasn't released another update by that time.  It could alsobe Andriod itself that is the main problem but again that is Samsungs responsibility to correct those issues prior to releasing an update.

• 8. Texting issues????
    VANOYEN Newbie

We have 5 differant phones We have text issues call issues time issuse and just bad service issues sprint stinks

• 9. Texting issues????
    ranpat86 Newbie

I just left T-Mobile and I after 10 years because I was frustrated with their lack of coverage.  I don't care about 3G, 4G or any G for that matter. I just want it to work!  Sprint has a much larger coverage area than T-Mobile. You leave any major city and head to the rural areas and T-Mobile phones turn into paperweights.  I want to have coverage to make a phone call or send a text.  That's all I ask for and Sprint for the most part gives me that...no carrier is going to be 100% flawless with their service. Remember the phones may have Sprints name on it but it's the manufacturer who provides the phone and the OS.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points