This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 7, 2011 2:12 PM by Bluewhales RSS

ASURION INSURANCE-

FIFTYANDGOOD1 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I AM UNABLED TO USE REPLACEMENT PHONE I RECEIVED TODAY BECAUSE PHONE NUMBER WAS ASSOCIATED TO FORMER OWNER'S ACCOUNT.  FORMER OWNER REACTIVATED THEIR ACCOUNT DURING SHIPMENT TIME.  I GOT A PHONE WHICH WAS ON BUT HAD ANOTHER PHONE WHICH WAS NOT MINE.  I WAS ABLED TO USE PHONE UNTIL I CALLED TO REPORT WRONG PHONE NUMBER.  THIS IS BAD BUSINESS AND COULD HAVE RESULTED IN IDENTITY THEFT.  I WANT A EVO, AND I WANT IT NOW.  SHOULD I BE CALLING A NEWS CHANNEL TO REPORT THIS INSTEAD OF TYPE THIS QUESTION?  

• 1. ASURION INSURANCE-
    rick.spencer Bronze Expert

I would call Sprint and report it to them.  Ultimately they are responsible for phone numbers, accounts, etc.  See what they can do for you.  I agree its a big mess up.

• 2. ASURION INSURANCE-
    MVALEK65 Newbie

In my opinion Sprints insurance coverage sucks! They charge you 7 bucks / month and when you need to replace a phone you're charged 100.00 for a new phone. However the phone you received is a rebuilt piece of ****. I was burned once, never again! I canceled their **** insurance plan.

• 3. ASURION INSURANCE-
    Th3Phoenix Silver Expert

I you received the phone from Asurion, call them and they should be able to send you another clean phone

• 4. ASURION INSURANCE-
    EDGARJORTEGA Newbie

I totally agree with you. I bought my new motorola i1 this January. I didn't get my phone into the water or something that will cause any corrosion. It started to fail this last month and it will just reboot itself every three minutes or so. I took it to the sprint store and they supposely found some corrosion on the board. They argued that corrosion is ALWAYS and JUST caused by physical, direct contact with water. I don't know their education, but according to the Chemical processes in life, corrosion is another term for oxidation of a metal. If a metal wears off then it could get corroded. The causes for corrosion are many besides just water damage. It could be attributed to high temperatures and multiple causes. But Sprint and the store people are assuming that if you get corrosion is due to water damage. My fault or not, I had to pay a 100 dollar deductible to get a replacement phone which is not new and is not working properly. I called Asurion to report the problem but I had to call from a different number since they are supposed to work with your phone at the moment of the call. In summary, I had to pay to get my phone in january of 2011 (about 250 dollars), I had to pay to replace the phone (even when the damage wasn't my fault) and now, I have to deal with Asurion to get another phone. Do you believe this is how a company is suppose to treat their customers?

I personally believe that this is unfair. I believe that corrosion could also be a damage created by malfunction. It could be overheating of the phone or other causes. Also, I noticed that the phone overheats (at the area where the chip is located) when using the internet without a Wi-Fi (maybe because the internet is so slow on nextel iDEN phones). The funniest part is that this is the exact area where the corrosion happened. Coincidence?. I am an undergraduate at University of California, San Diego. I have been studying Chemistry, Physics and all the sciences since I was a kid. And anyone could check my reasons with any Chemist or Chem department of any school to see that my argument is not innacurate.

I think this is totally unfair because I am paying for a premium coverage that does not protect you at all.

• 5. ASURION INSURANCE-
    Bluewhales Valued Member

Please contact Sprint using a different phone, I'm pretty confident we can activate that phone for you. If that was associated to a different user before we can easily release the ESN and activate it on your account. Thank you

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points