This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Apr 4, 2011 1:05 PM by Alvarezae RSS

9999 block# won't work on i576

Rodman38 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I have a Motorola i576 supplied by my employer.  I keep getting texts from someone who knew the guy who had the phone before me.  No matter what I do the guy won't quit texting.  I've tried the 9999 block# but I get a message saying the service is not available.  Is there a way to block the caller from my phone?  I can't log on to my sprint because I am not the owner of the business.  Can I block it through *2 custoomer service if I am not the account holder?

• 1. 9999 block# won't work on i576
    Bluewhales Valued Member

With no trouble adding that number in your block list when you call sprint just please have the PIN or SQ answer for the account with you and dial *2 or 888 211-4727.

Thank you.

• 2. 9999 block# won't work on i576
    Rodman38 Newbie

Bluewhales,  Thank you for the response.  I looked at the box the company gave me and I see no reference to a PIN.  Also the end of the box with the phone info had been removed.  This is actually the second phone I've been issued for this number.  (the last one went white screen after a year).  I assume SQ means security question.  I also have no idea what the question or the answer is.  Is there another verification I can use?  Also does the 9999 block # feature only work with Sprint phones but not iden/nextel?  It would make life much easier.

• 3. 9999 block# won't work on i576
    DanaMillan Bronze Expert

If you talk to your employer and explain the situation they may be willing to contact Sprint for you and have that number blocked. Most compnaies will not give out the account PIN or SQ but they should be more than willing to block the number for you since this is distracting you from your work. The 9999 block feature is for Sprint phones only at this time as far as I know but hopefully your boss can help you get this resolved!

• 4. 9999 block# won't work on i576
    Rodman38 Newbie

Thank you.  I was hoping to resolve this myself and not involve my employer.  I have a feeling the person texting may be a coworker I haven't met yet.  I'd hate to stir the pot if I don't have to.

• 5. 9999 block# won't work on i576
    DanaMillan Bronze Expert

Understandable but you can at least inquire with them if it is a number from their account... maybe that will help ease you into the conversation instead of just telling them you want it blocked. Something like "I was just wondering if this number is one of our guys. I keep getting texts but have no idea who it is." If it is not one of theirs then ask if they can block it since the number has nothing to do with your work...Just an idea! It would be much easie to take care of it yourself but I do not know of an option that would allow it. Sorry I couldn't help more!

• 6. 9999 block# won't work on i576
    kc0ryz Regular Visitor

Yes the 9999 short code feature only works with CDMA Sprint phones. We're out of luck on the iDen Nextel side. Would be a nice feature.

• 7. 9999 block# won't work on i576
    Rodman38 Newbie

Does anyone know if Sprint/Nextel is planning to add this feature to iden phones anytime in the near future?

• 8. 9999 block# won't work on i576
    Alvarezae Sprint Employee

Blocking specific phone numbers from text is a feature that is only available for CDMA phones. Blocking texts on iDEN devices would block all texts. This can be done online by signing in to sprint.com, going to My preferences, and selecting Block Text from Limits and Permissions.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points