4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 4, 2011 7:14 PM by wingland RSS

how to sync LG optimus with computer desk

pincancho Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

is there any way to sync my phone to my desk computer, i would like to transfer pictures and music from my computer to the phone, i tried everything and did not work

• 1. how to sync LG optimus with computer desk
    7187915739 Newbie

I've only downloaded pictures from my LG Optimus to my laptop. Plug in the micro USB and select "data storage" when it pops up on the phone.Then look in your file manager on your computer for the "Removable Disc" option. Select folder DCIM and then Camera folder and your photos should be there for you to pull out or save onto your computer.

What I am having trouble doing is running the HTC Sync on my phone - or some way to back up my contacts on my computer with the Optimus phone, since the HTC Sync seems to only have been for the HTC Hero I used to have. Thought it would work the same but it doesn't. Any ideas?

• 2. how to sync LG optimus with computer desk
    14KNIGHT Sprint Employee

Currently there is not software that allows the Optimus to sync contacts to outlook. The HTC sync software is built to be used with HTC phones only. You can save and transfer music from your computer to the device as well as pictures using the steps you outlined.

• 3. how to sync LG optimus with computer desk
    beliving Bronze Expert

I suppose 14KNIGHT meant there is no free software that allows the Optimus to sync contacts to outlook.  The actual phone doesn't have to sync, as long as your Google account can synchronize.  Then your phone syncs with your Google account.

https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gappssync

• 4. how to sync LG optimus with computer desk
    wingland Sprint Admin

As noted in post 2, once you have the phone connected to your PC, you can drag and drop files to the SD card.  If you put the music in /music and the photos in /dcim they should show up in the music player or photo gallery.

What specific problems are you encountering when you try to copy a photo or a song to your LG Optimus S phone from your computer?

Thanks,

Will

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...