This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: May 12, 2011 4:46 PM by SprintCares RSS

why is my phone dropping so many calls?

lvncst58 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

my phone has been dropping calls now for 2 days. when i try to call back, it drops before i am finished dialing! I had to chat online with a rep because i was afraid the call would drop.

He said he rebooted my phone and data as well. After turning phone off and on twice and cleaning battery, things seemed ok so chat was ended. wouldn't you know the next call I made dropped

2 minutes into the conversation..I got a voicemail notification and when I called my voicemail, it asked for my passcode!! I have never had to use one, so now I can't get the message!

can someone help me? Do I need a new phone? I don't have a contract now as it expired over a year ago, and I don't want to start one as I am having so much trouble with billing, etc.

• 1. Re: why is my phone dropping so many calls?
    Docc Valued Member

From what I heard is that the Sprint DBA repeater is having issues causing the intermittent phone connection problems, may explain drops calls

• 2. why is my phone dropping so many calls?
    wingland Sprint Admin

Hi!

I moved your post to our Network and Coverage space.

You didn't mention which phone you have -- however, frequently dropped calls are a symptom of a Network issue rather than a device issue.  If you've rebooted your phone and continue to have the issue, you may ask others in the area with Sprint phones if they are having the same trouble.  If they are, that would indicate a network problem.

You can post your zip code and a major intersection near where you are having trouble and we may be able to see if there's a listed event in the Network ticket database.

You can also call, email or chat with Care and ask about Network problems in your area, or get a Network ticket opened up -- just visit http://sprint.com/contactus

Thanks,

Will

• 3. Re: why is my phone dropping so many calls?
    GoTigers58 Newbie

I've had so many dropped calls with Sprint I can't really use my phone...as a phone.  We bought HTC Hero's on 10/17/2009 and other than not being able to make or receive a call on my phone I love it. I've had the phone replaced.  I've brought it in for service numerous times.  I think it's the area I live and work in (Baton Rouge, LA).  Coverage here stinks with Sprint.  If it weren't for my husband I would have gone with AT&T and the iPhone.  My friends with iPhones don't have this issue in our area.

• 4. Re: why is my phone dropping so many calls?
    SprintCares Sprint Employee

BAYOUBELLE23 wrote:

I've had so many dropped calls with Sprint I can't really use my phone...as a phone.  We bought HTC Hero's on 10/17/2009 and other than not being able to make or receive a call on my phone I love it. I've had the phone replaced.  I've brought it in for service numerous times.  I think it's the area I live and work in (Baton Rouge, LA).  Coverage here stinks with Sprint.  If it weren't for my husband I would have gone with AT&T and the iPhone.  My friends with iPhones don't have this issue in our area.

Hi, I am definitely sorry to hear that you are having issues with coverage in your area. Have you done a PRL update on the device or an UPDATE PROFILE? Are you the only having the issue or is your husband having the issue as well with his phone? If you’re the only one experiencing the issue, you make want to visit a service and repair location: www.sprint.com/storelocator.

Thanks

----George

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points