This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: May 12, 2011 2:28 PM by beliving RSS

Deleting email accounts on LG Optimus S

Tinidril Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I want to delete the Gmail account from the email tab because I'm using the dedicated Gmail for that, but I don't see any option for deleting an account, only one for adding accounts.  What to do?  Thanks for your help!

• 1. Re: Deleting email accounts on LG Optimus S
    beliving Bronze Expert

Go to the Accounts section and long press the account you want to delete.  You will have the option to remove the account.

• 2. Re: Deleting email accounts on LG Optimus S
    TINYDANCER4681 Newbie

Thank you so much! I looked everywhere for this simple answer and didn't find it until now. I knew there had to be an easy way - but it just wasn't coming to me to try that. Thanks!!

• 3. Deleting email accounts on LG Optimus S
    YGG18JGG Newbie

Thanks I needed that information too, but when I do this is tells me "This account is required by some applications. You can only remove it by resetting the phone to factory defaults which deletes all your personal data." I have 2 gmail account listed and I want to delete the one Sprint setup for me when I purchased the phone. I dont want to delete all my data. Does anyone one know what to do?

• 4. Deleting email accounts on LG Optimus S
    beliving Bronze Expert

Sorry that I haven't seen your post.  I typically browse the Optimus subforum.  Not sure why this post isn't there...

Anyway,  try this:

Make sure the "good" account has all the items synchronizing and that the account you want to delete has no items synchronizing (from within the Accounts and Sync menu).  Then, go to Menu, Settings, Applications, Manage applications and select the All tab.  Select Calendar Storage, then tap Clear data.  Go back to the list and select Contacts Storage, then tap Clear data, and go back to the list.  Also, "clear data" for Gmail, Market, Media Storage, and Youtube.

Now, try to delete the account that Sprint setup.  If this doesn't work, I think you may have to factory reset.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points