This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: May 14, 2011 11:01 PM by UMUCUGRAD RSS

What to return to Asurion?

paul89014 Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

Just received a new Evo from Asurion to replace my girlfriend's Evo with a shattered screen. They mailed me a new one in the box just like a new one. Question is do I have to mail the shattered phone back with the battery and memory card? I would like to keep the battery as an extra, same with the memory card.

Thanks

• 1. What to return to Asurion?
    NHaysEWTS Sprint Employee

Hello,

You would not send back the SD Card as that is yours with your data on it. If they sent you a return mailer with the replacement, then you would have to send back the old phone and battery if one came with it.  

• 2. What to return to Asurion?
    rexcanis Bronze Expert

It should have come with a piece of paper that had instructions and the return label. It will tell you what to send back. Sometimes I've had them say to return everything, other times I have had them say just the handset. By the time I got rid of my LG Rumor, I had 5 spare batteries for it.

• 3. What to return to Asurion?

The instructions say "the damaged or defective device should be returned using the pre-printed return envelope found inside the overpack box addressed to Asurion". Therefore I assuming just the phone itself, since no mention is made of the battery or sd card? Thnkas for replying, just don't want to be charged $500.

• 4. What to return to Asurion?

I did some digging around and duh....went to phoneclaim.com and on the right hand side under technical support it states to remove sd card and battery from phone then mail it in.....

• 5. What to return to Asurion?
    UMUCUGRAD Valued Member

I SIMPLY SWAPPED MY ACTIVE SD CARD, AND KEPT ALL BATTERIES (I WAS NOT CHARGED FOR KEEPING THE BATTERY). SENT THE BLOCK CELL, AND THATS ALL IN THE BUBBLE WRAP PACKAGE (SELF SEALING).

DONT WORRY ABOUT THEY CHARGING YOU, BECAUSE THEY CAN WRITE IT AS A LOSS, AND THUS THEY GET CREDIT FOR THE PHONE, REGARDLESS OF THE CONDITION. THEY NEED ONE TO VALIDATE THE EXCHANGE.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...