This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: May 16, 2011 2:26 PM by SprintCares RSS

Texting to Canada?

ALynch40 Expert
Currently Being Moderated

Ok I have the family plan of the Everything Data and want to know about texting to Canada. Is it included and free or is there an add on charge?

I've looked through the plan details but can't find an answer either way.

  • 1. Texting to Canada?
    Valued Member
    Currently Being Moderated

    ALynch40,

    This is what i have found  on   sprint.com/international  for texting within the USA  to  another country.

    Texting  out of the country  is additonal  cost to  your  account  for  incoming and out going  as well. you  can  find the information at  sprint.com/international. Sprint has  now  a  Unlimited International Text service is $10/month. Requires domestic unlimited messaging included plan or add-on.

    International texts are 20¢/message with a compatible data plan or add-on.Additional texts: 20¢/msg. Pay-as-you-go texts: 20¢/msg. International roaming: Check coverage details for availability and rates.Text to Landline: no additional charge, standard texting charges apply. Voice SMS messages: will incur an additional data charge, if you do not have a data plan, and are not available with all phones.

    Hope this helps,

    christinetech

  • 2. Re: Texting to Canada?
    ALynch40 Expert
    Currently Being Moderated

    http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/236340#236340

    So who is correct here. I found the thread above that says texting to Canada is concidered domestic and not an extra charge amd the catoptoin for the texting page just states "connecting overseas".

    So who am I to believe?

     

    There is to much disinformation here. You can ask 5 chat reps the same question and get 5 different answers and the forum appears to be the same way.

    christinetech wrote:

     

    ALynch40,

    This is what i have found  on   sprint.com/international  for texting within the USA  to  another country.

    Texting  out of the country  is additonal  cost to  your  account  for  incoming and out going  as well. you  can  find the information at  sprint.com/international. Sprint has  now  a  Unlimited International Text service is $10/month. Requires domestic unlimited messaging included plan or add-on.

    International texts are 20¢/message with a compatible data plan or add-on.Additional texts: 20¢/msg. Pay-as-you-go texts: 20¢/msg. International roaming: Check coverage details for availability and rates.Text to Landline: no additional charge, standard texting charges apply. Voice SMS messages: will incur an additional data charge, if you do not have a data plan, and are not available with all phones.

    Hope this helps,

    christinetech

  • 3. Re: Texting to Canada?
    ALynch40 Expert
    Currently Being Moderated

    http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find_out_the_country_codes_for_international_text_messages/case-ba416758-20090619-165829

     

     

    I also found the above the page that does not list Canada as international and has the NOTE below. I have also taken screen shots of all pages and responses with times and dates for future reference.

     

    "Note:

    International text messaging is charged at $0.20/message.  However, text messages sent to or received from a Canadian number are  charged at the same rate as domestic messages, according to your rate  plan or messaging add-on."

  • 4. Texting to Canada?
    SprintCares Sprint Employee
    Currently Being Moderated

    ALynch40 wrote:

     

    http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find_out_the_country_codes_for_international_text_messages/case-ba416758-20090619-165829

     

     

    I also found the above the page that does not list Canada as international and has the NOTE below. I have also taken screen shots of all pages and responses with times and dates for future reference.

     

    "Note:

    International text messaging is charged at $0.20/message.  However, text messages sent to or received from a Canadian number are  charged at the same rate as domestic messages, according to your rate  plan or messaging add-on."


    ALynch40,

     

    You are correct. When texting Canada from the United States you will be charged $.20 per message.

     

    --William

  • 5. Texting to Canada?
    ALynch40 Expert
    Currently Being Moderated

    So why all the other information from other employees? Even call customer service I get different answers and the note in the above page said I will not be charged.

  • 6. Texting to Canada?
    SprintCares Sprint Employee
    Currently Being Moderated

    ALynch40 wrote:

     

    So why all the other information from other employees? Even call customer service I get different answers and the note in the above page said I will not be charged.

    ALynch40,

     

    Sorry about the confusion. To clarify, if you have a text messaging plan or unlimited plan, text messages to Canada are considered domestic and you will not be subject to the $.20 charge. If you do not have a text messaging plan you will be charged $.20 per message.

     

    Sorry if you've received different answers. This is certainly the correct information. Let me know if you have any other questions.

     

    --William

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...