This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 10, 2011 7:09 PM by OKIESTRO RSS

Program your Overdrive Pro 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot by Sierra Wireless

SHEILA419 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Everytime I click on the device in the list of wireless devices available, I get a message saying windows is unable to connect to this wireless device.  I can't get beyond this stage to activate my device.

• 1. Program your Overdrive Pro 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot by Sierra Wireless
    Sprint Employee

When you turned the device on did it display "Connect your computer to Wi-Fi network"

Then you should have the computer look for available networks.  Did it see the network and just not allow you to connect to it?

Have you connected to wi-fi networks previously with this computer?

If this is not resolved try opening a CHAT link - it should be at the top of the page by your login name so someone with access to your account can be sure it is provisioned and active.

Larry

• 2. Program your Overdrive Pro 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot by Sierra Wireless
    SHEILA419 Newbie

Hi Larry.  The answer is YES to all of your questions.  I have connected to other WIFI's often and never had this problem.  I don't know if it matters, but I tried at work and at home and both places have live WIFI's other than this device.  Do I need to disable them first, because if I do than I can't seem to find a place to open search for wireless networks.  Thanks for your previous reply

• 3. Program your Overdrive Pro 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot by Sierra Wireless
    Sprint Employee

Yes the other wi-fi connections need to be disabled.  You may have them setup to connect automatically and depending on the operating system it is different to disable them.

You cannot connect to two wireless networks at the same time.

In Vista or Windows 7 - Start>>Control Panel>>Network and Sharing Center>>Manage Wireless Networks  >>Highlight network and select to change it

This is the same window  (Start>>Control Panel>>Network and Sharing Center>>) you could select Connect to a Network

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points