7 Replies Latest reply: Jun 17, 2011 9:26 PM by EpicThunder RSS

Add signature to text messages?

wlomano Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

Maybe I'm missing it, I've gone through the user guide, looked online and looked through all the menus within the IM/Texting program in the Replenish and looked at other settings menus, but can't find it:

Is there a way to add a signature to my text messages (without adding it manually every time)?

It seems odd that, even though this is "low-end andriod platform" that it wouldn't have that capability, since even my husband's older non-smartphone could handle that concept.

Thanks!

• 1. Add signature to text messages?
    jellybean91 Expert

WENLOM no you are not missing it, I also was not able to set a signature with out having to manually set it. I did check thru the user guide also and nothing on the setting menus either. Sorry about the inconvenience but you will need to manually enter the signature every time.

• 2. Add signature to text messages?
    drezzzzy Product Ambassador

Hi, I'm a Sprint employee that also carries the Replenish.  I have not found an option to add signature via the default messaging app however there are third party sms applications that will provide this feature and more.  I personally recommend GO SMS Pro which can be downloaded for free from the Android Market.  The app will allow you to create a signature and provides TONS of other customizations as well.  Good luck!

• 3. Add signature to text messages?
    wlomano Regular Visitor

Thank you, drezzzzy! :-) I'll give it a try.

• 4. Add signature to text messages?
    wlomano Regular Visitor

Okay. Tried it. Had to uninstall. Will try again.

My thoughts:

It's GREAT. It's AWESOME! I really liked all the variations, the themes, customizing EVERYTHING (though it was a little difficult with the color bar sliders). Great to play with, great app.

BUT... My phone, for some reason is really picky (and this is Replenish #2; I returned one at the advice of Sprint reps in case the problem was just one phone specific: it's not).  I went through lots of hoop-jumping to get my phone to sync to my Google calendar online. Sprint Tech support originally suggested I try deleting anything I'd added from Market. That didn't work.  (SOLUTION is found here: http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/69406)

Anyway, after installing GO SMS Pro last night from Market, Calendar sync started giving me the same error messages. I ended up uninstalling GO SMS Pro, then having to back up my Google calendar, wipe my phone calendar (essentially do the solution in the thread linked above).

Because it's such a neat app (once I solved the double notifications problem), I will try it again to see if that was the problem. And maybe try leaving it ON my phone if I need to go through the sync solution steps again, to see if that works. I really liked being able to change all the colors and add a signature.

Thanks again.

• 5. Add signature to text messages?
    drezzzzy Product Ambassador

I'm glad you like enjoyed the app and I'm sorry you're having those other issues with the calendar.  Let us know how that works out for you.  Good Luck.

• 6. Add signature to text messages?
    wlomano Regular Visitor

I did reinstall it today after I got the sync problem fixed, again.

So far, no syncing problems. ;-) 

Thanks!

• 7. Add signature to text messages?
    Expert

You are not alone.  I could also not find such option for the Epic.  Shocking.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points