This discussion is archived
1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 100 Replies Latest reply: Jul 26, 2011 3:28 PM by 1calvin2000 Go to original post RSS
  • 75. Milwaukee 4G?
    mrcleanjw111 Regular Visitor
    Currently Being Moderated

I was on 20th & layton yesterday & got 2 bars on 4g. I did a speed test & got 8.27 on download & .98 on upload.

• 76. Milwaukee 4G?
    Th3Phoenix Silver Expert

DAKING980 wrote:

The list of communities covered by the new network starting June 16 include:
    • Thiensville
    • Menomonee Falls
    • Mequon
    • Bayside
    • Glendale
    • Fox Point
    • Whitefish Bay
    • Shorewood
    • Milwaukee
    • Butler
    • Pewaukee
    • Hartland
    • Delafield
    • Waukesha
    • Brookfield
    • New Berlin
    • West Allis
    • Muskego
    • Greenfield
    • Franklin
    • Oak Creek
    • South Milwaukee
    • Cudahy
    • St. Francis
    • Bay View
    • Wauwatosa

I see that big red did not put Madison on their list

Sure, there is something up with our pretend leaders here in WI

• 77. Milwaukee 4G?
    JSSWETS89 Newbie

I was around 20th & Layton and did not pickup a 4G signal on Friday. Has anyone been able to see a tower listing on clearwires coverage map?

• 78. Milwaukee 4G?

There is a tower next to the storage place on about 8th & layton. I got a full 4g signal there with a download of almost 9 & an upload over 1 yesterday.

• 79. Milwaukee 4G?
    NotCrazy Newbie

Let's just face it, Sprint is not the 4G network they claim to be. Many of the people I talk to that have had Sprint and want to get the 4G service have switched carriers. Especially now with Verizon starting up their service here in Milwaukee and surrounding area's. So when you see their TV commerials substitute Sprint the 3G network for when their President says 4G.

I have family that works for a Sprint distributor and he said, we won't see 4G in Milwaukee for at least a year or more.

Come on, just do it... Drop Sprint.

• 80. Milwaukee 4G?
    trangers77 Sprint Employee

Based on download speeds comparison of sprint 3g average sppeds (600 kbps-1.4 mbps) vs. Sprint 4G avg. speeds (3-6 mbps). Actual speeds may vary based upon plan or other factors. This information was on

www.sprint.com/4g. Click on read more under where it says a network built for data. Also what come into play would be are you accessing 4G at peak times where there is going to be more traffic? On my HTC EVO, I got 4.81 mbps on the download and the upload, 1.35 mbps. With you 2 bars you are doing a whole lot better on the download than me and surpasing the max speed of 4G.

• 81. Re: Milwaukee 4G?
    DAKING980 Regular Visitor

Tested out Verizons 4G and seeing speeds up to 21 mbit DL. Thats faster than road runner with Turbo Boost!

Sprint well **** 4G is not officially here yet.

im switching carriers after I test out Verizons LTe by my house.

Besides that!

Found out my crappy service is Because Sprint sold Towers to CRIKet Wireless and now Sprints towers are over capacity. Thats why calls dont go through always busy signals when making calls and missed calls that never show up but super late Voicemails. SPRINT the LAst Year Network.

Sprint you GET an F in my book.

• 82. Milwaukee 4G?

I got what I got for speeds near the tower. Anyway Sprint made a $20 million deal with Lightsquared to have a Sprint LTE network. Well I wonder if they will add any new cities to wimax after Sprint did that. I guess our wimax phones will be garbage.

• 83. Milwaukee 4G?
    1calvin2000 Regular Visitor

Starting to switch carriers.  I'll probably be canceling by Friday. 

Raise a fuss people!  Here is a facebook group page so we can start doing things. 

Give us our 4G service in Milwaukee sprint.  NOW!

• 84. Re: Milwaukee 4G?
    Th3Phoenix Silver Expert

1calvin200 wrote:

Starting to switch carriers.  I'll probably be canceling by Friday. 

Raise a fuss people!  Here is a facebook group page so we can start doing things. 

Give us our 4G service in Milwaukee sprint.  NOW!

I do understand your frustration but I am not going anywhere!

FYI: I have some co-workers with Verizon HTC TB. They were very excited for LTE in Madison for one day.

The next day they found a way to turn off 4G on their phone. Yes it's fast bet battery life not so good.

• 85. Re: Milwaukee 4G?
    DAKING980 Regular Visitor

Simple solution to any user on an ANDRIOD PHONE!  Android - - - open-source = OPEN!

Root phone and get best battery life ever! My Evo is ROOTed! Cynamod 7

Ive ROOTED HTC ThunderBOLTS and the users LOVE IT. Cant Stop talking about the BAttery LIFE.

Im waiting for the DRIOD BIONIC Or what ever variant comes and Im Jumping SHIP! Verizon here I come

• 86. Re: Milwaukee 4G?
    Th3Phoenix Silver Expert

DAKING980 wrote:

Simple solution to any user on an ANDRIOD PHONE!  Android - - - open-source = OPEN!

Root phone and get best battery life ever! My Evo is ROOTed! Cynamod 7

Ive ROOTED HTC ThunderBOLTS and the users LOVE IT. Cant Stop talking about the BAttery LIFE.

Im waiting for the DRIOD BIONIC Or what ever variant comes and Im Jumping SHIP! Verizon here I come

Rooting is easy as long as you have the proper environment.

The hard part is maintaining your phone. Yes, I have a rooted EVO 4G, I was on nightly Cyanogen until CR7.1.

Now I am on Kings Alliance Rom with Sense 2.1 + 3D widgets

My next phone is Motorola Photon

• 87. Re: Milwaukee 4G?
    Th3Phoenix Silver Expert

DAKING980 wrote:

Forgot to mention that big red is going usage based data plans in 2 days

Here is the link

• 88. Milwaukee 4G?
    1calvin2000 Regular Visitor

So I guess it's jump now or never. 

• 89. Milwaukee 4G?
    Th3Phoenix Silver Expert

I am staying where I am now.

1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next