This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 20, 2011 7:49 PM by JPSquared RSS

Can't not get incoming calls

allybblackburn Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Since June 17, 2011 Friday I can't not get incoming calls.  Sprint customer service has reset my Epic 4 times, changed my #, everything you can imagine has been done to my phone. When you call my phone it says "your call can't not completed as dialed.  I live in southern Louisiana, the calls that come in come from all over the US.  4th CS rep said a tower has been down since the 14 June & the problem was solved.  I am so furious I'm ready to switch services. I'm waiting for a call from a cancer dr & I can't get calls.

• 1. Can't not get incoming calls
    RSPC Expert

More info is needed.

Can you make calls from the phone?

Does data work/ can you surf the Internet?

Can you send/receive text messages?

• 2. Can't not get incoming calls
    allybblackburn Newbie

I can make calls from the phone, data works & doesnt work, cant send texts.

• 3. Can't not get incoming calls
    RSPC Expert

Ok

Have you updated your Profile and PRL on the phone?

menu/settings/about phone/system updates

Try to update Profile first and then the PRL.

Oh make sure WiFi and 4g are turned off when you do this.

• 4. Can't not get incoming calls
    JPSquared Sprint Employee

Hello,

Sorry to hear about your troubles getting calls. My 15 second snapshot diagnoses is that there is a routing issue, not anything wrong with your actual physical phone. One quick test would be to see if you can get a call from another Sprint phone in the same area as you. If you can, you likely have routing issue, which means that your calls aren't going to the right "address". If you can't then, something much stranger is going on.

These sort of things usually require a ticket to get resolved, as it requires work on the back end, but I'll be more than happy to check things out. I will private message you so you can respond with your information so I can investigate this for you.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points