This discussion is archived
1 2 3 4 Previous Next 58 Replies Latest reply: Oct 26, 2011 3:04 AM by Petri0327 RSS

not receiving text messages

ROZENKING1 Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

this is extremely fustrating and I am ready to cancel my service. I am unable to receive any text messages from people who do not have sprint and I called sprint four times yesterday and they said it was just their phones that were messed up. Today I called again because I am ****** off about it and wanted to cancel my service. The lady was really nice and talked to the network dept and they said there was an outage and a lot of peoples texting is affected. I have read on a few people on here having the same problem but I just want to know if this really is the problem and how long is it going to take to get it fixed. at this point, sprint will not replace my phone even though I pay for phone insurance. I would just like to know if there really was an outage and I need to wait it out or should I just cancel my service??? I have been a loyal customer for over 5 years and my BF who is the other person on my account is having no issues with his phone which is strange to me. I dont want to have to cancel but I wont put up with sprint not taking care of my phone issues.

• 1. not receiving text messages
    Sprint Employee

I replied to your private message - If you will reply with the requested information I can research your call detail and service history and contact you in an effort to help you.  Please see my bio and understand I am not a full time forum employee, just 4 hours per day Tues - Saturday.

Thanks for posting - hopefully we can help you

Larry

• 2. not receiving text messages
    KodyMWelch Newbie

i am also having the same problem with my phone as well. i get a bulk of text messages at one time that were sent a few days ago. i am going to the sprint store today to explain the situation and see what my options are. if i have none then i will more then likely cancel my plan although i do like the sprint service if they cant even let text messages come through then there is something majorly wrong.

• 3. not receiving text messages
    Shane_M Sprint Employee

KodyMWelch,

I'm sorry your having issues, just as OKIESTRO has done with ROZENKING1, I'm sending you a private message regarding this and would be glad to help you with resolving this issue.

• 4. Re: not receiving text messages
    rlenk Newbie

I am having a similar issue.  I keep recieveing text messages that are blank, or have odd symbols or codes in them instead of an actually message from someone.  I have the palm treo 700wx and it have work fine for the past few years.  All of a sudden last week (around the 16th of June)  I started receiving these blank text messages.  I have restared my phone constantly and the problem still continues.  I have done some research and it seems others with the same phone are having the issue.  Is there any hope?  I live in the Oklahoma City metro area.

• 5. not receiving text messages
    MICH72GOR Newbie

I'm also having the same issue. I haven't been getting texts for about a week now. Thursday at  3am, I received about a dozen from the three days or so prior, but nothing since. I get emails, calls, facebook updates, everything but texts. This is extremely inconvenient and annoying. I don't want to sit around and wait if this issue is just a network problem. Sprint should have this fixed. A better solution should be offered than just waiting it out. What is going on? Help?

• 6. Re: not receiving text messages
    ARJMom03 Regular Visitor

I am ALSO having this problem!! I will get some texts HOURS later and some not at all.  Or if they're long texts that are broken up into segments, I have been getting the first one that has the new "0001/0002" on it (up to 5 or more times!) but the rest doesn't show up at all or hours later.  This is extremely frustrating and Sprint needs to fix this!

• 7. Re: not receiving text messages
    13DARKANGLE Newbie

I am having this exact same problem. getting the same message  multiple times with the 001/002 but not getting the 2nd part of it. Once  it starts freaking out on the long text message i get blank text msgs  after that or it jingles but nothing. My phone also keeps powering off  on its own when this happens. I have taken the battery out over night,  powered it off and on, deleted all my messages, etc and nothing is  working. I am only having this problem on my Samsung Seek phone. The  other phone on my account (LG Rumor touch) is having no issues with  texts.

I am extrememly frustrated as it is 1 week until my wedding and  my main form of contact with most people is by texting. I haven't gotten  any texts now for over 24 hours and people in my wedding party are  calling me frustrated thinking I am ignoring them.

Sprint: What the F ????    FIX IT!!!!!

• 8. Re: not receiving text messages
    LUCKY051779 Regular Visitor

Did you link your Google voice Number with your Sprint Phone number? If so that might be the problem they are going to Google Voice instead of your Text Messages App?

If this is what you might have done I can provide help.

• 9. Re: not receiving text messages
    ARJMom03 Regular Visitor

Ummm, I don't think so?? Not even sure how that would have happened. How do I tell?

• 10. Re: not receiving text messages

Are you using an Android Sprint phone?

• 11. Re: not receiving text messages
    ARJMom03 Regular Visitor

yes. I was using an EVO 4G when this first started randomly and I upgraded to the EVO 3D yesterday for unrelated issues, but this problem is worse now. I was getting texts until this morning.

• 12. Re: not receiving text messages

Go to this link: https://www.google.com/voice#inbox

Do you see texts? you will need to log in with your Google Account

• 13. Re: not receiving text messages
    ARJMom03 Regular Visitor

Nope. I didn't even know Google Voice could be integrated with Sprint and I verified I had not inadvertently set up my mobile number with it, and I have not.

• 14. Re: not receiving text messages

Well **** I thought for sure that might have been your issue :-(

Have you called *2 to see if they can help. There might be an issue on your account that they might know right away ?

I really like the Google Voice integration, it keeps a record of my texts and I can delete them on my phone to save space. :-)

Sorry I couldn't help!

1 2 3 4 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...