This discussion is archived
13 Replies Latest reply: Dec 10, 2011 5:32 PM by WhyNo3G RSS

No Network coverage

coletgr33 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi I am in the 33873 and 33834 area in florida and for the last hour i have not had any service, not even any roaming service. I have been having bad service lately and my texts have been not sending or coming back unsent. I have a samsung epic. I also have taking the battery out of my phone and left it off for a min. or two and turned my airplane mode on and off in hopes of it fixing the no service symbol showing on my phone. I tried to update the PRL and profile and yet it is not letting me. I have no bars only the O with the slash in it showing that i have no service?  Is there a tower down in the area and if so when will it be fixed?

Thank You

• 1. No Network coverage
    Sweetkisses2003x Newbie

I live in MA and I am having this EXACT same problem. My internet is working for the most part but VERY slow, but I can hardly make calls (if at all) and everytime I send a text I have to re-send it 4-5x. I have heard no talk of towers being down, and FL to MA is a long ways away. It must be national. It'd be nice if sprint filled us in as to what's going on with the coverage we pay for and depend on...

• 2. No Network coverage
    sajobe Newbie

I live in south texas and have been having the same prob. it keeps going to roaming, and I don't want the extra charge but if I turn it off it has no service at all. There can't be this many towers down in the us! and I have no other phone to call on so I can't call customer service.

• 3. No Network coverage
    Sweetkisses2003x Newbie

I'm new to Sprint so I'm not sure if this is common or has happened b4. But for service to be down from Ma, to FL and allll the way to TX there has to be a problem not related to towers. But this has been going on ALL day for me and with no other phone to use or rely on, I've had about enough. It'd just be nice to know what is goibg on.

• 4. No Network coverage
    Aliakai Newbie

In Seattle and having the same problem here on all three of our phones. Can connect to the internet, very slow, cannot talk or text, even 911. This worries me and makes me wonder as a new customer if I want to continue to keep with the service...

• 5. No Network coverage
    whitedwarf2003 Newbie

Sacramento, California area here. We have been unable to receive calls or make calls for almost a week.  We can't hear the party on the other end.   This is killing our security business.

• 6. Re: No Network coverage
    Aliakai Newbie

Sprint, if someone is there, give us answers. I figured it was just an outage in our area. I have an LG optimus btw, but if it is in MA, TX, CA, WA, and AZ, clearly there is an issue. With more and more customers getting added on, Sprint needs to expand their network, or they will lose everyone. We had to fight it out with customer service about our bills and coverage, only for our phones to become virtually useless hours later. We were assured the first time it was our phones, had all three replaced, and now the SAME PROBLEM. It isn't like we live in some backwoods area either. This is SEATTLE for christsakes. I have been really patient and understanding and nice about all this, but for $175 a month I expect my phone to make a freaking phone call or send a text message once in a while, maybe? Wth? Is someone going to give us some answers, or do we need to leave? Even T-Mobile wasn't this bad.

• 7. No Network coverage
    dmaterum Newbie

OH here. We are having the same issue. Our worry right now is that our daughter is out with her aunt and grandmother. So why can't Sprint let us know why the network is down or even send a mass text before they take the network down?

• 8. Re: No Network coverage
    LatriceT423 Newbie

I'm in New York... Long Island to be precise... I just updated to the HTC EVO 3D and everything was working fine up until about two hours ago my Internet just stop working and for a period of time I couldn't get any calls or text. As of right now I am able to receive text and calls at the moment it does go in and out but I haven't been able to connect to the web. It states I have "No Network Connection" and when I try and update the PRL I get an error message "PRL ERROR: 1233." I had my Evo 4g since November and I never had a problem even close to this so I'm hoping it's a Sprint issue which so far everything is pointing to that, bc I really do like the Evo 3d.

Message was edited by: LatriceT423 I forgot to mention I'm currently at work and my coworkers who do have Sprint one of them had the same issue but it only lasted for like 20min on her phone she has some old HTC Andriod don't know the specific model and my other coworker has the HTC Arrive n she didn't experience this problem at all so I wonder if it's an android issue. I did get an update earlier today which I thought was weird bc the HTC Evo 3d just technically came out.

• 9. No Network coverage
    islandernomore70 Regular Visitor

Southeast Michigan.....calls dropping and no service is becoming the norm.  No answers from Sprint.  Entire family uses Sprint and only our area is being affected.  Frustrating as we rely on our cell phones because of our location and Sprint has always been the best choice here.  Now I'm beginning to wonder.

• 10. Re: No Network coverage
    Mr.Sprintastic Sprint Employee

Hello agreene4314634,

Their has been a service ticket issues for you area, ticket# 7604801. Notes:Customers in the following area(s): South West Florida : Rural may experience difficulties with the following services : Single Cellsite - Intermittent service.  Looks like there is an Estimated time of repair for 07/01/11.  Ticket affects zip codes 33873 33890.   Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

-Ron

• 11. No Network coverage
    phillipsrenee6093 Newbie

I am in East Texas and am dealing with the same problems.  It isn't the phones.  I spent I don't know how long on the phone with Sprint which did no good.  I then went into my local store and was informed that there was something going on with the system, he didn't know the details or of course wasn't at liberty to discuss.  He had been instructed to take down the names and address of anyone that came in with these same issues so that credits could be made for the service interuptions.  I am not as worried about service credits as I am getting this issues resolved as I utilize my cell primarily for business and every minute it isn't working properly is costing me way more money than any service credit Sprint might issue. 

• 12. Re: No Network coverage
    islandernomore70 Regular Visitor

Our local township uses Sprint and their service has been out also.  Their representative told them that it's because Sprint is installing 4G in our area--SE Michigan north of Detroit.

• 13. No Network coverage
    WhyNo3G Regular Visitor

NO SERVICE in 49265 - southeast Michigan since November 27. 14 days. Promises made for repairs and yet we still wait.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...