This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 29, 2011 5:17 PM by big_cheese_1 RSS

New Contract vs Renewal phone prices

big_cheese_1 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi all,

In the next couple of months, I will be eligible for the $150 discount on a new phone if I renew my two-year contract. I'm the type of person who over-researches things, so I started digging through phones and looking at pricing.

It looks like if I purchase an Evo 4G online through my Sprint account, it will come to $349.99.  This is a regular price of $499.99 minus the $150 discount from my account.  However, if I go through Sprint's online store as a "new customer," I get a price of $99.99 with a base price of $449.99 minus a discount of $350.00.  This is a whopping $200 difference in the discount, not to mention the $50 difference in the base price of the phone itself.  I was under the impression that people who were up for contract renewal got the same discount as any new Sprint customer?

Does anybody know of a way that can be used to apply a similar discount for an existing Sprint customer who is eligible for a phone upgrade? I'm not trying to take advantage of the system, I just want to make sure I'm not overlooking something.

Thanks!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points