9 Replies Latest reply: Jul 11, 2011 8:04 PM by PCLou RSS

Samsung Replenish KEEPS FREEZING

Kulis Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

My phone has froze about 10 times today and it's only 2 PM. Does anyone else have this problem? Or know any solution to try? Do you think it's something with apps, android, or the phone itself? When it happens there normally aren't any apps actually running. I have an app that kills other apps - so i know they arent even running in the background.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Samsung Replenish KEEPS FREEZING
    BeaArthur Bronze Expert

Believe it or not, that app that kills other apps could be causing the issue by killing apps that the phone needs to work properly. I would try and remove that app first and then test to see if the issue continues. And then I would systematically remove apps one by one and test the phone to see if it still power cycles. If all else fails, reset the device to factory defaults (all user information will be erased) and then when you go back to reinstall the apps - install them one at a time and test them for an hour or so after you install them to make sure that the apps are not causing the issue. I will monitor this post!

Other than that - the issue could possibly be a hardware issue - in which case I would recommend that you get the device to a service and repair technician for diagnostics tests and such.

• 2. Samsung Replenish KEEPS FREEZING
    drezzzzy Product Ambassador

Hi there,

I'm a Sprint employee and I'm sorry you're having that issue.  I have had the Replenish for maybe a month or so now and with the exception of having to turn it off and on once or twice I have not had ongoing issues with the device.  You mentioned that you're using some sort of task manager to kill apps and I know that there's been mixed feelings about just how useful task killers are.  In my experience I have not felt the need to use any of those apps whatsoever and I know that there has been concern that those task killers can sometimes do more harm than good.  The first thing that I would recommend is that you uninstall the task killer and monitor it for a couple days to see if you notice any difference in the performance of your device.  If things don't improve then it could be another app that is causing the issues or it could be a faulty device.  Since it's hard to diagnose these sort of things without actually looking at the device in question I would recommend taking the device into a local repair store to have them look at it if the problems persist.

• 3. Samsung Replenish KEEPS FREEZING
    Kulis Newbie

I have uninstalled the task killer app and it still keeps freezing. I will try to uninstall other programs and see if I can figure it out. If I can't I will take it to a store.

Thanks.

• 4. Samsung Replenish KEEPS FREEZING
    BeaArthur Bronze Expert

That sounds like a good plan KULIS0705 - please let us know what you find out!

• 5. Re: Samsung Replenish KEEPS FREEZING
    mk_atl Newbie

Yes, we are having same problem on brand new phone bought last week: freezing many times per day, black screen, message that phone is overheating, shutting down by itself.  It does have the task killer installed.  I will try uninstalling but seems like the overheating issue (and we do not have a solar charger) is a hardware problem.  Plan on taking the phone in to exchange for a new one.  All software is up to date already.

UPDATE:  Fixed - the culprit was Advanced Task Killer.  Once uninstalled, no more freezing, no more black screens, no more overheating.

• 6. Samsung Replenish KEEPS FREEZING
    Kulis Newbie

I have uninstalled almost everything on it. Changed settings to never auto-sync. I am going to try a factory reset and if that does not work. I will take it to a sprint store.

• 7. Samsung Replenish KEEPS FREEZING
    RealtorKen Regular Visitor

Same thing happening here, my wifes 3 day old phone keeps on freezing on the black screen.  We have to reboot it to get it to work, without any other apps installed on the phone yet.         

• 8. Samsung Replenish KEEPS FREEZING
    RC1024 Sprint Employee

Hello RealtorKen, what is she doing with the phone when it's freezing up? has she added any email or sync accounts since she had not yet installed any applications? Please let me know, I will be glad to help.

• 9. Samsung Replenish KEEPS FREEZING
    PCLou Expert

LOL, all this overheating and freezing up is a bit humorous on that environmental phone.  Seems the phone literally mimics the environment.  AWESOME!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...