This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 11, 2011 1:26 PM by Nickogaian RSS

Bridged Connection?

21Witty Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I've read through the instructions for the Airave device and thought I could put my own twist on things. First of all, I have a small home network with a linksys router connected to a Comcast modem. Everything works fine. My computer on the other hand is connected wirelessly to the router and has a great connection.

Does this wireless connection count as broadband speed? What I really would like to know is if  I can simply use this device by plugging it into the ethernet port on the back of my computer that is connected wirelessly. I am running Windows 7 and I have bridged the connection between the wireless connection and ethernet port. The "Broadband" light is a solid green so I figured that was a good sign, but on the other hand the "Mobile" and "GPS" lights are still blinking green. I am not too concerned that they are still blinking because the user guide said that the process could take up to two hours? Has anyone elses took two hours to complete? As I said before the "Broadband" light is green so I should be good to go, correct?

Thanks in advanced for the help. It is much appreciated. I hope you guys understand the question.

Erin J

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points