4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 18, 2011 10:58 PM by Skr25 RSS

GV sprint integration- unlimited international msg

Skr25 Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

I am unable to send international msg through GV msg app in spite of having unlimited international sms plan. I am able to send int. msg through msg app only. I need to toggle between msg app and GV as GV can not be used exclusively for messaging needs.

I am not sure if sprint is working with GV folks to address this issue. Is there any solution as of now?

• 1. GV sprint integration- unlimited international msg
    Daniel-S Regular Visitor

At this time Google Voice text messaging doesn't support sending and receiving text messages from international numbers, with the exception of Canadian numbers. You can only send and receive text messages to phone numbers in the U.S and Canada. Your unlimited international sms plan is only through Sprint and not with Google. Even if your Sprint number is integrated with GV you cannot use GV for international sms. The GV app works separately from the stock sms app and Sprint billing.

• 2. GV sprint integration- unlimited international msg
    Skr25 Regular Visitor

Thanks for reply. Is there any way for me to turn off incoming messages to GV msg app? Right now, I am getting double notification for the same text message.

• 3. GV sprint integration- unlimited international msg
    JPSquared Sprint Employee

Yes, but it has its own complications.

If you go into the Google Voice application, you should able to hit the menu button, then select More then Settings. There will be an option for "Sync and Notifications". This will allow you to uncheck "Inbox notifications". Make sure you that leave Text Messages checked, as I believe that handles whether or not text messages are sent to the phone itself.

Once you have that completed, Google Voice should no longer pop up a notification for your text messages. The downside of this is that it will also no longer notify you of voicemail either. You can set it in Google Voice on the web to send a text message when you receive a voicemail as a work around, but at the moment thats a limitation of the application. It's a pretty commonly requested feature to be able to handle those two seperately, but for the moment, thats just how the application works.

Alternatively, if you find that you just don't want duplicate messages and don't care which one you use, you can also go into Messages and through the menu key be able to access the settings and then notifications to be able to turn off the stock notifications if you just want to use the Google Voice App instead.

Hopefully this should help out!

• 4. GV sprint integration- unlimited international msg
    Skr25 Regular Visitor

Agree. Thanks for this workaround. This really helps.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points