This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Aug 3, 2011 2:08 AM by orcien RSS

CREDIT APPROVAL FOR A NEW LINE OF SERVICE NIGHTMARE

orcien Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

I came to Sprint because I fell in love with the HTC EVO in March of 2011. So i left my previous carrier that I had been with for years and I ported over one line and activated a new one. Since the HTC update i have been having nothing but issues, after multiple replacements I decided to just wait the issues out. Now i have mad the choice to purchase a Tablet I found out that Sprint  has restricted me to  a maximum of two lines and other cell phone carriers like ATT, Verizon and T-Mobile have offered me five lines. After speaking with several agents I found out that I have to be with Sprint for 13 months in order to have a third line added to my account. And my termination fee is 100.00 per line. I have two lines so that's a total of 200.00, take in account that I had to pay a 50.00 deposit for each line so that is a total of 100.00 to cancel the contract and to go somewhere else where my needs can be met. It's a small price to pay considering my bill is 160.00 a month. Sprint you really need to get your act together. Good luck with Sprint because they are a mess, I truly forgot why I had left them in the year 2000 thank you for reminding me.

• 1. Re: CREDIT APPROVAL FOR A NEW LINE OF SERVICE NIGHTMARE
    rexcanis Bronze Expert

If you just joined Sprint in March, your ETF is going to be higher than $100 per line... you are looking at $190-200 per line still, depending on when in March you started your contract.

http://shop2.sprint.com/en/services/termination_fee/early_termination_fee.shtml?ECID=vanity:etf

As for only qualifying for two lines, that is a determination based on credit score. Some people have higher credit scores, so they qualify for 3-5 lines at the start. The 13 month waiting period is to gauge your stability on paying bills on time, to determine if you should be allowed to increase your bill by a good amount.

• 2. Re: CREDIT APPROVAL FOR A NEW LINE OF SERVICE NIGHTMARE
    orcien Regular Visitor

As to the early termination fee, what I stated above is correct. It was confirmed by a customer service supervisor, escalations department and retentions. This would be another example of the people at sprint not being on the same page you just proven that in regards to your reply. The point that I was making is the policy in respect to the process in how they make their decisions on granting another line is silly. There comes a point and time when you must look at the bigger picture and the facts and make exceptions. And based on the facts that I disclosed to you above it would been the obvious choice and the perfect opportunity to do so. Thank you for going over the policy once again but you didn't resolve the issue and that's my point.

• 3. CREDIT APPROVAL FOR A NEW LINE OF SERVICE NIGHTMARE
    rexcanis Bronze Expert

I'm not a Sprint employee, I'm just trying to provide you with correct information. The reps seem to have given you the amounts after your deposit was already taken out, or something similar. If you look at the link I included, that is the current ETF list for Sprint accounts.

• 4. CREDIT APPROVAL FOR A NEW LINE OF SERVICE NIGHTMARE
    orcien Regular Visitor

Sorry for assuming that you were a Sprint employee, but because you seemed so sure of your answer it gave me that impression. The link you referred to me refers to the standard consumer ETF, not the business customer early termination fees. I have a business account, my account agreement is not the same. I am not bound by the same terms as the standard consumer.

• 5. CREDIT APPROVAL FOR A NEW LINE OF SERVICE NIGHTMARE
    rexcanis Bronze Expert

Ah, OK. Sorry for the misinformation then. You didn't mention being on a business account and I wasn't even aware that their ETF calendar was different.

• 6. CREDIT APPROVAL FOR A NEW LINE OF SERVICE NIGHTMARE
    pharaoh0 Silver Expert

Also, I would make sure that you are actually eligible for 5 lines of credit.  Sprint also sends people notices saying that and then at the bottom in very fine print, it says pending credit approval.  Personally, I think it s*cks; but, really it is good business practice to make sure someone can pay before subsizing several items.  It kind of reminds me of banks that gave loans to people with not so great credit...and now, here we are in the midst of a financial crisis thanks to such decisions (athough I am not saying you do not pay your bills).

• 7. CREDIT APPROVAL FOR A NEW LINE OF SERVICE NIGHTMARE
    benkauffman108 Regular Visitor

Sounds like your credit sucks and if you had to put down a deposit on just one or two lines, its you that is to blame.

• 8. CREDIT APPROVAL FOR A NEW LINE OF SERVICE NIGHTMARE
    orcien Regular Visitor

It sounds to me your assuming a great deal.  Judging from your response it also looks like you failed in reading comprehension because the main idea of the story was the need for a extra line. Credit was never a issue, that was obvious from what the competitors are offering. Further more it sounds like maybe your frustrated that can come from problems in the home, or problems on your job concerning your wages suck and you don't have the ability to pay your bills on time. Maybe sprint will increase your pay by ten cents for that elementary school response. And if you don't work for them; then all I can say is wow, in my quiet voice "you should, you would fit right in".

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points