This discussion is archived
1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 80 Replies Latest reply: Aug 25, 2011 11:17 AM by SPONGE.BOB.08 Go to original post RSS
  • 45. BlackBerry Bold 9930 coming to Sprint and just when?
    LEFTYPEPPER716 Valued Member
    Currently Being Moderated

I've done trying to get info from a Sprint tech/csr...they have'nt been right yet. Kevin Michulak who is the founder of crackberry.com asked a RIM rep at BBW about a Bold 99XX series release date and he said then, late August. So RIM has planned all along to get this device out late August. Sprint's SKU list does show BB Bold 9930 08/21/11 which would pretty much coincide the RIM executive's prediction. Hopefully? each carrier does have thier own lab/field testing and possible that Sprnt may release the Bold 9930 1st. then two weeks later the fullscreen touch Torch. RIM are NOT ignorant of the fact this devide needs to be out asap. Like I said, let it relese 08/21/11 and then the Sprint iphone 5 09/07/11 and that gives me well within Sprint's 30 day money back guarentee...you don't think RIM is aware of this?

• 46. BlackBerry Bold 9930 coming to Sprint and just when?
    Ysis Regular Visitor

I'll be so glad when Sprint finally post it on the site the the 9930 is coming soon! I'll take that tag! And let us know when we can pre-order the thing! Usually when a phone is a month away from  availability we're able to pre-order. The Google Nexus S comes to mind.. it was available for pre-order at least a month and 1/2 before it finally arrived! Though the rumor is Aug 21st it does'nt seem to be that close based on the fact that Sprint has yet to announce that it's coming soon! If that date is indeed true... we're only six weeks away! What gives Sprint?!

• 47. Re: BlackBerry Bold 9930 coming to Sprint and just when?
    14KNIGHT Sprint Employee

We post the information as soon as it is available for release.  Sprint Reps  do not have the information much before it is release to the public.  We are not allowed to release informtion prior to release to the public    Any information prior is just a guess on the part of the person giving out the informaton.

• 48. BlackBerry Bold 9930 coming to Sprint and just when?

I'm pretty sure the release date WILL be 08/21/11, even though it's on a Sunday, Sprint would still release it that day. I myself since I've heard more and more rumors that Sprint may indeed be getting the iphone 5 in September, will be glad to have the best of both worlds, a real CHOICE between an Apple iphone 5 and a RIM BlackBerry Bold 9930. Usually carrier reps know only 2-3 weeks prior of any upcoming device releases. I even read an article about an ex-Apple employee who said that Apple was very easy about employees showing up late, calling off, but if one even tried to give a customer a "guesstiment" about an Apple product's upcoming release date and thier supervisor knew about it, they'd be fired on the spot.  Best way to find any info on device's like a BlackBerry Bold 9930 is thru sites like Crackberry.com or BGR.com or even phonescoop.com  I myself went to BlackBerry.com and put in my e-mail address also for any updates they may also have. But again, late August seems the most solid release date I've seen.

• 49. BlackBerry Bold 9930 coming to Sprint and just when?

UPDATE: A July 22, 2011 Sprint sku shows BOTH the BlackBerry Bold 9930 AND BlackBerry Torch 9850 being scheduled for release on Sunday August 21st.  I called the BlackBerry Store in Farmington Hills, MI and they said that that is the date they've also heard.  So if you're waiting for the Bold 9930 OR Torch 9850, they'll both be here in three weeks.

• 50. Re: BlackBerry Bold 9930 coming to Sprint and just when?
    Ysis Regular Visitor

This is great news! Can hardly wait!

• 51. BlackBerry Bold 9930 coming to Sprint and just when?

There are two BlackBerry Bold's both exactly the same, the difference is the Bold 9900 is a GSM band device (At&t and T-Mobile) the other is CDMA band (Sprint and Verizon) Most web sites just say the Bold 9900 in a general sense.  But the BlackBerry Bold 9930 is just the same has the Bold 9900.  The bigger confusion will be the Torch 9850, this IS NOT the At&t Torch 9800 upgrade, it is the fullscreen touch device RIM code named "monaco/monza".  I'm sure the only difference you'll see in the Bold 9900-9930 is of course what kind of extra or different software each carrier includes on thier device, also if? they will include a microSDHC card (the Bold 9930 has 8GB internal media already, along with 768 MB RAM)

• 52. Re: BlackBerry Bold 9930 coming to Sprint and just when?
    YANKITCH1 Newbie

Guys.  I need your help on this one.  I've been a part of this thread since the very beginning waiting everyday to hear Sprint finally announce the 99xx Blackberry release.  It suddenly occurs to me that the only real advantage I see in sticking with a BB is BBM.  I love BBM, as i'm sure you all do as well, so my dilemma comes in the form of the latest and greatest Android phones (which I've always thought of as being too large and bulky for their own good)...Here's what I'm thinking, and PLEASE correct me if I'm missing something.   If I ditch BB entirely and cross over to the Android world I (1) Only pay $10 extra a month instead of the $30 BB pack (this is a big deal for me, as I have multiple BBs). (2) Get a G4 phone, which (if I understand correctly) can act as a wireless-network access point at no additional charge, so long as keep my data usage light (HUGE bonus if that's the case) (3) Have the advantage of Android OS, which from what I've heard has tons of software. and most importantly (4) can go to costco online and pick up the phones TODAY.   Am I missing something?  Is bbm really worth an extra $20 per phone per month?   I have to say that I've not been incredibly pleased with the 9630's reliability and almost daily battery pulls (Which take a whole 8 minutes to reboot!!!  Longer than any PC or MAC I've ever owned, dating back to the Mac SE!).  I wonder, any Android owners out there (I've never owned one) can you tell me how long an avg. boot up takes on your phone, and are you generally pleased with your phone?  I'll probably look to CNET to do the testing/recommending for me as to which specific phone to get.  Also, does Sprint plan on still charging $30 for the bb data plans on these new 99xx's? Sprint rep, do you have any input on the last question?  Thanks for all your input guys.  I hope to get some relevant replies.

UPDATE:

So I just visited cnet for some reviews, and here's what I found for the best sprint Android (in the form of a Motorola Photon 4G): "The Motorola Photon 4G is an absolute powerhouse of a phone. It ships with Android 2.3 Gingerbread, a dual-core 1GHz Nvidia Tegra 2 processor, 4G WiMax speeds, a 4.3-inch qHD display, and a dual-mode GSM/CDMA chipset. Features include HDMI-out, DLNA support, Wi-Fi, Mobile Hotspot for up to eight devices, 720p HD video capture, 1080p HD video playback, and secure data encryption. We also like the kickstand. Call quality and overall performance were great."  The "BAD" was that it has a bulky form factor...but I knew that already. 

Message was edited by: YANKITCH1

• 53. BlackBerry Bold 9930 coming to Sprint and just when?
    halcyoncmdr123 Sprint Employee

YANKITCH1 wrote:

Guys.  I need your help on this one.  I've been a part of this thread since the very beginning waiting everyday to hear Sprint finally announce the 99xx Blackberry release.  It suddenly occurs to me that the only real advantage I see in sticking with a BB is BBM.  I love BBM, as i'm sure you all do as well, so my dilemma comes in the form of the latest and greatest Android phones (which I've always thought of as being too large and bulky for their own good)...Here's what I'm thinking, and PLEASE correct me if I'm missing something.   If I ditch BB entirely and cross over to the Android world I (1) Only pay $10 extra a month instead of the $30 BB pack (this is a big deal for me, as I have multiple BBs). (2) Get a G4 phone, which (if I understand correctly) can act as a wireless-network access point at no additional charge, so long as keep my data usage light (HUGE bonus if that's the case) (3) Have the advantage of Android OS, which from what I've heard has tons of software. and most importantly (4) can go to costco online and pick up the phones TODAY.   Am I missing something?  Is bbm really worth an extra $20 per phone per month?   I have to say that I've not been incredibly pleased with the 9630's reliability and almost daily battery pulls (Which take a whole 8 minutes to reboot!!!  Longer than any PC or MAC I've ever owned, dating back to the Mac SE!).  I wonder, any Android owners out there (I've never owned one) can you tell me how long an avg. boot up takes on your phone, and are you generally pleased with your phone?  I'll probably look to CNET to do the testing/recommending for me as to which specific phone to get.  Also, does Sprint plan on still charging $30 for the bb data plans on these new 99xx's? Sprint rep, do you have any input on the last question?  Thanks for all your input guys.  I hope to get some relevant replies.

UPDATE:

So I just visited cnet for some reviews, and here's what I found for the best sprint Android (in the form of a Motorola Photon 4G): "The Motorola Photon 4G is an absolute powerhouse of a phone. It ships with Android 2.3 Gingerbread, a dual-core 1GHz Nvidia Tegra 2 processor, 4G WiMax speeds, a 4.3-inch qHD display, and a dual-mode GSM/CDMA chipset. Features include HDMI-out, DLNA support, Wi-Fi, Mobile Hotspot for up to eight devices, 720p HD video capture, 1080p HD video playback, and secure data encryption. We also like the kickstand. Call quality and overall performance were great."  The "BAD" was that it has a bulky form factor...but I knew that already. 

Message was edited by: YANKITCH1

Lots of things in this paragraph... so I am going to split it up here...

For the plan changes you describe, not exactly. All of the Sprint smartphones (including Blackberries) now require specific plans, and the premium data plan (one exception currently). You must have an Everything Data or Simply Everything plan, and you must have the Premium Data add-on. There are no Blackberry-specific plans anymore. So say you have 2 Blackberries/Android/Windows Phone, there is no distinction for the plans anymore. You would need the Everything Data 1500 plan ($129.99) plus the $10 Premium Data for both phones ($20). Each additional phone is $19.99 on that plan, plus the premium data if required for the device. If you wanted to use the phone as a mobile hotspot to have your laptop/game system/etc. access internet through the phone that is an additional $29.99 for each phone you want it on). So for 2 Blackberries on that plan with no mobile hotspot it would be $160 (rounding pennies). For 3 smartphones it would be $190. If one of the phones isn't a smartphone, it doesn't require the Premium Data add-on, but it would still have data access as that is included in the base plan itself. The only smartpone that is exempted from this rule currently is the Samsung Replenish, which is an Android phone; it requires an Everything Data plan, but not the Premium Data add-on like every other smartphone.

The 3G/4G devices do not have any specific plan requirements other than the regular smartphones. If you are in a 4G area you can use 4G, if you aren't then the phone will revert to the 3G network.

As I responded above the Mobile Hotspot is an additional $29.99 per month for each phone you want it on. Sprint's data plans do not have a data cap (AT&T, Verizon) or throttling (T-Mobile drops you essentially to dial-up speeds when you hit their cap) like every other major carrier in the U.S.

If you want some more specialized information I would recommend calling Customer Care, chatting with a rep when they are available online (button will appear in the upper right near the login box when they are available), go into a store, or either post here or PM me (click my username and choose "send private message on the right) some information about your account. I am not allowed to directly access customer accounts through the Community here since I am not an oline Care rep (I am a store technician, the guy who fixes the phones when people break them, I used to be a rep in a store though), but if you provide what your current plan is, which phones you currently have, and what you would like I can compare it for you and give you a more direct answer than the basics I have already posted above.

• 54. BlackBerry Bold 9930 coming to Sprint and just when?
    HelpMEHelpYouSprint Newbie

I am invoking my Sprint Premier Gold customer membership and demanding this phone be released NOW!

• 55. BlackBerry Bold 9930 coming to Sprint and just when?
    JPSquared Sprint Employee

Hello!

I tried as hard as I could but they denied my expense request to fly out to RIM and give me our demands. I was able to talk them into letting us announce the phone and even the new Torch!Hopefully the official announcement of their unveiling will help tide you over. See the link below.

( In all seriousness, this announcement from today does confirm the upcoming availability and some of the features of both the 9850 Torch and the new 9930 Bold. No word yet on an exact date other than "This Fall" )

http://newsroom.sprint.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=1998

• 56. Re: BlackBerry Bold 9930 coming to Sprint and just when?
    Ysis Regular Visitor

Yes, I just found out about the Motorola Photon phone accidentally yesterday just shopping all of the phones and was like,"what's this phone here"?! I'm very suprised that Sprint didn't debut this phone properly! This is a powerhouse of a phone as you said, but there was no introduction for it what so ever! I had to google the phone and sure enough there were all kinds of articles about it coming to Sprint! It's a sweet looking phone as well as great features! As a matter of fact I'm giving RIM til Aug 21st to give us some kind of expected date for the BB Bold 9930 or I'm strongly considering buying the Motorola Photon! Others that are fed up waiting may want to check this phone out!

• 57. BlackBerry Bold 9930 coming to Sprint and just when?
    SPONGE.BOB.08 Regular Visitor

too hype!!!!!!! been dying for this. I only look at your replies lol. straight to the point with the news!!! YESSSSS

• 58. BlackBerry Bold 9930 coming to Sprint and just when?

Whatever device you choose, be it the Bold 9930 or the Photon or Evo or any other smartphone, choose one that best suites your needs, I'm sure a little investigating on the web about each perticular device and reviews (if any) will help. I myself am either getting the BB Bold 9930 or iphone 5 (if Sprint does indeed get one this fall) I'll most likely get the Bold 9930 because I love the conveinance of a full size qwerty keyboard, and the Bold 9930 will be above and beyond past BlackBerries. It will have a 1.2ghz processor, 768mb RAM 8GB internal media and has a resolution of 287 (2nd only to iphone4's 320 dpi) If I were you, I'd wait until all the devices you're interested in buying come out, then go to your local Sprint carrier and try them out, and see which one you like.

• 59. BlackBerry Bold 9930 coming to Sprint and just when?

Bla1ze who is a writer for crackberry.com still maintains on his Crackberry twitter site "Multiple confirmations (again) that Sprint's release date for new BB devices is August 21st-Bla1ze" Both Verizon and T-Mobile are rumored to be releasing thier BB Bold 9900 (T-Mobile) & BB Bold 9930 (Verizon) last two weeks of August. I seriously doubt Sprint would hold off releasing the Bold 9930 or Torch 9850 after September 21st. IMO I think the press release might be more of a generalized announcement of getting BlackBerry OS7 devices in "the Fall" the Curve 9350 is due Sept. 09 and both the BB Bold 9930 and Torch 9850 were scheduled to both release on Sunday August 21st. When I spoke to the rep at the BlackBerry Store in Farmington Hills, MI, he also believed that Sprint will release the Bold 9930 at least around the 21st of August too.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...