This discussion is archived
1 2 3 10 Previous Next 141 Replies Latest reply: Oct 21, 2011 6:46 AM by UnhappyWservice RSS

8/23 - HTC EVO 4G Software Update - 4.53.651.1

dshoem01 Gold Expert
Currently Being Moderated

HTC EVO Software Update - 4.53.651.1

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Integrated voice recognition accuracy with voice search and voice-to-text

- Image size issue with contact transfer over bluetooth

- Images cut off in Picasa

- Group contacts not in alphabetical order

- Out of memory, Unable to send SMS

Important Notes:

- The new software version is: 4.53.651.1

- This update will be released in stages to devices over the next 1-2 weeks.  When manually trying to initiate

the update, you may receive a message  that no update is available.  Please be patient and check back later,

or you may wait until the update is automatically sent to your device.

- Refer to the HTC EVO Software Update blog for install instructions. 

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - fixed link to blog

• 1. 8/23 - HTC EVO 4G Software Update - 4.53.651.1
    totlco2 Regular Visitor

does this update address the many issues discussed in this forum, such as constant rebooting to splash screen when exiting apps, screwed up pictures taken by the EVO camera, and a host of other issues?

• 2. 8/23 - HTC EVO 4G Software Update - 4.53.651.1
    wingland Sprint Admin

Sounds like it's time to reactive the Evo and re-test!  Thanks!

W

• 3. 8/23 - HTC EVO 4G Software Update - 4.53.651.1
    Silver Expert

This does NOT fix the icon disappearing problem when restarting.  This does NOT fix the HTC Sense reloading.  This does NOT fix the bluetooth authorization issues when connecting to a car stereo.

Did you even listen to a single complaint on this forum????  How worthless is this forum.  Nothing gets transferred from it to reality except voice to text issues.

• 4. 8/23 - HTC EVO 4G Software Update - 4.53.651.1
    jhs_tucson Regular Visitor

The icon issue seems better but the sense reload is still there.

• 5. 8/23 - HTC EVO 4G Software Update - 4.53.651.1
    Levi4u Master

How about the MAJOR memory leak, Our phones are almost usless as we have to keep deleting apps in order to do anything, I noticed the other day that my contacts have not synced since july as the phone has no room to downlaod them. I had to delete another 15 apps just to get them to sync.

When downloading Gingerbread I had 129 apps installed, Down to 75 now as I keep having to delete them to get the low memory icon to go away, Which only comes back acouple days later.

• 6. 8/23 - HTC EVO 4G Software Update - 4.53.651.1
    totlco2 Regular Visitor

I too notice that the update does not solve the reboot to the splash screen issue. 

• 7. Re: 8/23 - HTC EVO 4G Software Update - 4.53.651.1
    JOHN_5150 Newbie

Since the upgrade to Gingerbread (2.3.3) I have not been able to sync my Outlook contacts/calendar either. Therefore, I've resorted in syncing my calendar through Google - but would rather not do it this way. Does anyone know if this upgrade will help with syncing???

I too have had issues with memory leak, the way my EVO powers up, etc. and this all started after the upgrade to 2.3.3. I had to move all my apps to the SD card, which perhaps I should have done to begin with. However, my point to HTC (I have a case open with them now due to my syncing issue) is that I have not installed one additional app after the 2.3.3 upgrade... yet I was getting low memory messages.

• 8. 8/23 - HTC EVO 4G Software Update - 4.53.651.1
    Silver Expert

It would be nice to get our wireless n band back as well. 

• 9. 8/23 - HTC EVO 4G Software Update - 4.53.651.1
    Silver Expert

Levi4u wrote:

How about the MAJOR memory leak, Our phones are almost usless as we have to keep deleting apps in order to do anything, I noticed the other day that my contacts have not synced since july as the phone has no room to downlaod them. I had to delete another 15 apps just to get them to sync.

When downloading Gingerbread I had 129 apps installed, Down to 75 now as I keep having to delete them to get the low memory icon to go away, Which only comes back acouple days later.

This is super frustrating.  Sprint should offer to not void warranties for rooting phones since they are just blowing this phone, its power users [it should be using for testing] and its issues off.  Clearly they were working hard on issues (that besides the voice to text) I had no problem with or NEVER SAW....and I'm hard pressed to find a person that knows their phone better than me.

• 10. 8/23 - HTC EVO 4G Software Update - 4.53.651.1
    totlco2 Regular Visitor

I think Sprint should allow us to early terminate without an early termination fee since they apparently cannot provide the service for whcih we contracted.

• 11. 8/23 - HTC EVO 4G Software Update - 4.53.651.1
    burgdudeohio Regular Visitor

I found a way to sync outlook contacts without using google.  I just downloaded the newest sync from HTC and sync now works fine.  As for the restarting sense, I've just went the android loader.

• 12. 8/23 - HTC EVO 4G Software Update - 4.53.651.1
    Levi4u Master

I'm not going to do this update as it may block rooting again, I am going to root since mine is out of warranty anyways. I've never rooted before as I like my devices stock so I experence the same thing other non-rooted customers do in order to provide better hands on support.

But for the life of me cannot figure out why the Dev community can provide flawless ROM's but the manufactures cannot.

mmark27_ wrote:

Levi4u wrote:

This is super frustrating.  Sprint should offer to not void warranties for rooting phones since they are just blowing this phone, its power users [it should be using for testing] and its issues off.  Clearly they were working hard on issues (that besides the voice to text) I had no problem with or NEVER SAW....and I'm hard pressed to find a person that knows their phone better than me.

• 13. 8/23 - HTC EVO 4G Software Update - 4.53.651.1
    JOHN_5150 Newbie

@terrytrissell  I too downloaded HTCSync 3.0.5551 (on two different machines) and each time I try to sync the software just sits at the splash screen with the message "Updating htc library..." This is why I have a case open with HTC, however they don't have any answers now even though other cases have been reported.

So dshoem01 or mmark27_ if you have any recommendations on how to sync Outlook with an EVO that just installed the Gingerbread (2.3.3) upgrade it would be appreciated. My software number is at 4.24.651.1 and when I attempt to manually update any of the software for my phone it tells me eveything is up-to-date.

Again, I didn't have any of these issues until I installed Android 2.3.3.

• 14. 8/23 - HTC EVO 4G Software Update - 4.53.651.1
    Silver Expert

yes, I already applied the update because I wanted to give Sprint one last shot, I highly doubt this broke the root exploit - since that happened so recently. I read up all last weekend on it and was finally feeling confident enough to go for it.  They had until this coming weekend to do something with this Evo officially.  I'll keep an eye on the dev forums and cross my fingers its root is not broken.

1 2 3 10 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...