This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 27 Replies Latest reply: Aug 26, 2011 12:11 AM by L3IOHAZARD Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: EVO 4G WONT TURN ON
    AMRODRIGUEZ27 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated

Yeah, it doesn't make much sense to call your self a Repair Center if you can't repair the phone but even the tech at my local store told me that they would be sending it back to HTC.  Not sure if they if it's just HTC (or maybe the EVO) but they did work on my daughter's phone (Sanyo) a few weeks ago which was still under warranty. Still had to pay $35 or they told me that I would have to go straight through Sanyo myself.  In this case they were going to charge me $35 and still sent it to HTC.

• 16. Re: EVO 4G WONT TURN ON
    nvthedemon Newbie

far as i can tell boys and girls its a safty feature of the phone once the battery gets so low it will shut it self off for around an hour before it will accept a charge so the battery does no losed all of its charge, if it does it becomes useless and will no longer take a charge at all as far as the OTA messing up the phone this is the first i have heard of that and i am not experianceing any of those problems what so ever

• 17. EVO 4G WONT TURN ON
    YLANDRA1 Newbie

Same thing happening here. Phone wouldn't charge (this was a few weeks ago). After having it completely unplugged for a while I plugged it back in, got the flashing orange light, and it charged fine. Took it to a service center as directed by sprint - they ordered me a new EVO. Made me keep the old battery.

Monday night - phone was on the charger. Woke up Tuesday to a dead battery. Tried a friend's battery in my phone - worked great. Took the phone to a sprint store last night to get a new battery, they gave a replacement battery. Brought the phone home, put it on the charger before bed, got up - same thing. Expensive brick.

The repair store is a 35 mile drive away. So far I've had to spend $30 in gas money just to get to the store to have them look at the phone, and then to pick up the new phone. I'd expect a brand new phone to not do this. I'd expect the replacement battery to not do this. WTH?

• 18. EVO 4G WONT TURN ON
    antpress Newbie

I'm having the same issue. No power at all. tried different chargers and batteries. Sprint is useless. The sprint store refused to help. They referred me to HTC. Sprint Customer Care wants me to pay $35 for a replacement. Sam’s Club (303-751-0277) where I bought the phone also refused to help and referred me to HTC. HTC (866-449-8358) quoted me a 2 week turn around plus I have to pay for shipping. DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE. DO NOT USE SPRINT!

• 19. EVO 4G WONT TURN ON
    YLANDRA1 Newbie

I do have the insurance, so they replaced the phone as I mentioned above. When I had the issue this second time, it turned out to be the battery. I was also charging with the USB on the front of the computer. Not sure why that matters, but apparently it does.

Try to get them to give you a new battery. The (bad) battery I had would charge in another phone. Apparently the Evo shuts down the USB port if your battery goes below a certain charge so you can't blow up the phone, or something. Once I got the new battery in, it's been fine.

• 20. EVO 4G WONT TURN ON
    DanaMillan Bronze Expert

I have never had this issue but wanted to comment on the issues some of you are having with repairs and stores. The absolute best thing to do is go to a Sprint corporate store if there is any way possible. I actually drive a bit further to go to a Sprint corporate store.

This is easy to find from the find a store link at the top of any of their website pages. Click the find a store link. Enter your address and how far you are willing to travel. Select the radio button beside your choice of whether to find just a store or a repair center. When the stores come up, select a store that only says Sprint Store and does not say by "whatever company" behind it! Those listed simply as "Sprint Store" are corporate stores and if they say by ...(iWireless for example) they are third party stores.

I have never been mistreated in a corporate store and have always been served and had my issues resolved in one visit unless they have to order me a new phone then i have to go to pick it up. My first Evo had an issue with not syncing to my computer so I took it to the local store here for testing. They tested not only the phone but also the data cable. The cable was bad itself (because my dog chewed on it ) but there was also a software issue in the phone and they had me a new phone there in 2 days! No questions asked....no money paid....and fast service! I also have insurance and have had since I started service with them and believe me the insurance is worth it in the long run!

• 21. EVO 4G WONT TURN ON
    antpress Newbie

I bought a new high capacity battery from the Sprint store yesterday and my phone worked great. I woke up this morning and the $50 battery is now fried and my EVO is an expensive paper weight again. This phone is defective and I haven’t received any help from Sprint. I have 17 months left on my contract. What am I suppose to do? Does anyone from Sprint read this forum? I feel helpless and extremely disappointed.

• 22. EVO 4G WONT TURN ON
    DanaMillan Bronze Expert

@antpress

I would honestly try to take the phone to a corporate Sprint repair center and have them test it. There may be a short in the phone that is causing the battery to fry!

• 23. EVO 4G WONT TURN ON
    carolinagirl38D Expert

@antpress -  The operative word in Dana's post is "corporate". Contract repair centers have never been able to do much for me, even when I had Sprint executives on the phone telling them what to do, they would always come back with some reason they couldn't comply. Maybe I'm just lucky, but I've had my phone shut-down lots of times coz of a dead battery. I just pop on a fresh one (I have three spares, coz I live on my EVO) and go about my business. When I get back to power, I charge the one I've been using then pop in the dead one and everything works as advertised; an hour of so later, while still using the phone/web/text/email, the light turns green and all is back to normal. My EVO is stock v2.2/3.70 and all I ever use to charge it with is what came with it. So if you decide to take it in, remember: CORPORATE repair center. They have the power/authority to swap it on the spot, if need be, contract repair centers don't. If you don't know where your nearest one is, contact *2 and ask them.   --  Sharon

• 24. EVO 4G WONT TURN ON
    DanaMillan Bronze Expert

I completely agree with Sharon and apologize for not clarifying earlier or stressing the corporate in my previous statement. Corporate stores tend to help people resolve issues much quicker than third party stores. I have never had problems or bad customer service at a corporate store, but perhaps like Sharon I am just lucky! I do want to clarify further that there is a way to distinguish corporate stores from third party store online from the find a store link on this website.

Address:Distance:
     Street, city, state, and/or ZIP

Find US Virgin Islands Locations

What do you need today?

search button

1. Enter your zip code or address.

2. select the distance willing to travel from the drop down box.

3. Select the radio button next to All store and services near me or Repair centers near me

4. Click the Find Stores button (represented here by search button)

5. This is the list of repair centers in the next window. The one in the center (number 2) is the ONLY CORPORATE repair center in this search. If the store name says by ... (in the below example i Wireless) then it is a thrid party store. AVOID third party stores with repairs unless you know someone who works there who you know will treat you right!

1588 Leestown Road
    Suite 110
    Lexington, KY 40511
    (859) 231-0670
    This is a ReadyNow store
    • Sales
    • Repair
    • Se Habla Español
    • Bill Payment
    • 4G Experience
    2.0 miles
    Driving Directions
    Make an appointment
    3705 Nicholasville Rd
    Lexington, KY 40503
    (859) 971-2000
    This is a ReadyNow store
    • Sales
    • Repair
    • Se Habla Español
    • Bill Payment
    • 4G Experience
    4.7 miles
    Driving Directions
    Make an appointment
    119 Bryant Dr
    Nicholasville, KY 40356
    (859) 885-3686
    This is a ReadyNow store
    • Sales
    • Repair
    • Se Habla Español
    • Bill Payment
    • 4G Experience

I hope this helps clarify how to find a corpropate store!

• 25. EVO 4G WONT TURN ON
    celtianocatering Newbie

Ok so I woke up out of a drunken haze to find my phone plugged in... yet to find no blinking light. Assuming I had a lot of fun last night, I probably got home real late and had let my phone die out completely. Since i have a job interview today, of course i panicked myself out of bed, opened the phone, took out the battery, put it back in, ran to each outlet in the house and repeated this more times then id like to admit. So i resorted to Google... Google fixes everything. After fishing through ****** YouTube videos, every nerd form with the words htc evo attached to it i stumbled across a solution and it was free.

Step 1: Stop being a ***** and calm down

Step 2: Remove battery and place in Ziploc bag and place into freezer for exactly 30 minutes

Step 3: After elapsed time, remove battery from Ziploc, insert it back into phone and connect charger

Step 4: DO NOT TURN ON until orange light stops blinking, if you do so start back at step one

This worked for me... if you have spent any money to fix this problem... you are an idiot... learn to be more resourceful.

• 26. EVO 4G WONT TURN ON
    TLP1NTER Newbie

@celtianocatering

Thank you for your posting!  Worked like a charm.  I have no idea why freezing my battery worked but it did!

• 27. EVO 4G WONT TURN ON
    L3IOHAZARD Newbie

Same here, Battery was completely dead  got a new one from service center and it is working fine...i had no charge light and phone would not boot up at all using original battery.... back using the Supersonic as if it never happened

Thanks Franklin Square, NY Service Center A++

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...