This discussion is archived
1 7 8 9 10 11 Previous Next 160 Replies Latest reply: Aug 31, 2011 10:23 PM by HeatherJeans Go to original post RSS
  • 150. Is the Sprint Network Down?
    tkalsup21 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated

I live in 75214 as well, also experiencing an outage since Sunday.  Just called and got an update - they plan to have the issue resolved alright... BY 8/15!  For those bad at math, that's over a week of no voice/text service.  Ridiculous.  It appears to be like what our Florida friend above experienced - a cell tower update with no forewarning.  I truly hope Mr. Sprintastic/Ron isn't right and they aren't waiting on another vendor for what is a PLANNED outage.

Result: The best I was able to get (even after elevating to a supervisor) was the promise of a pro-rated credit for however many days the outage lasts, which they calculated based on my $99/mo plan divided by 30 days (so about $35 if it lasts the full 10 days).  I tried to negotiate a higher credit (mainly citing loss of work productivity, general inconvenience) and they weren't biting.  Apparently our Florida friend lucked into a better deal.

I even asked "So basically there's no 'customer service' credit to be had for the inconvenience of 10 days with no voice/text service for what appears to be an uncommunicated, planned maintenance?"  The response was essentially "No, we can do the pro-rated credit and that's it."  It must be nice for them not to have to give a sh*t.

• 151. Is the Sprint Network Down?
    3212799733 Regular Visitor

I ended up witha total of $90.00 credit. Airaves run about $129.00/month plus 4.99/month service charge. I have been with Sprint for almost 10 years as well and spend about $150/month on my bill for three phones. They tried to get me to upgrade my phones the other day to lock me into another 2 year contract. I am waiting to see how things go once they get all their ducks in a row. I mean IF they get all their ducks in a row.

• 152. Is the Sprint Network Down?
    tkalsup21 Newbie

Patronage might be the difference - I only moved to Sprint back in February.  You might get some more love because you've been with them so long.  This problem sure doesn't make me want to stay with them any longer than my contract requires...

• 153. Is the Sprint Network Down?
    DAVEANAN Regular Visitor

here we go again outage zip 11710 this is not good sprint get it together already

• 154. Is the Sprint Network Down?
    DREWSER3 Newbie

I am on the 75206/75214 border and have been having trouble since Sunday.  Completely unuseable at home and spotty everywhere else.  Yesterday I too was told Aug 15th was the target date to get it resolved, but who really knows.

Nearly 15 consecutive years with Sprint, but I may be forced to jump to another carrier.  I'm in residential real estate and can't be without a reliable phone for a day, much less a week (or more).

• 155. Is the Sprint Network Down?
    3212799733 Regular Visitor

Sprint should really make a general announcement. Forewarned people are less likely to be angry. I really think their strategy of waiting for each person to complain is really going to cost them huge in the end. People are jumping ship left and right.

• 156. Is the Sprint Network Down?
    jellybean91 Expert

@DAVEANAN We estimate a time to repair to be 08/10/2011 20:30:00 CST  for you zip code of 11710.

Tamara

• 157. Is the Sprint Network Down?
    jellybean91 Expert

@3212799733 I checked on the issue still showing an etr  to be 08/15/2011 00:39:00 CST .

Tamara

• 158. Re: Is the Sprint Network Down?
    AAchicago Regular Visitor

This is unbelievable. The run around I have gotten from Sprint tech support - both phone and their physical locations - is out of this world. It took me 6 LONG phonecalls and HOURS (business WORKING HOURS) to finally squeeze out of them the fact that this is not a device problem - which they tried to shove down my throat. I was told I have a faulty phone and need to be replaced, motherboard problem, you name it they tried it. Only today after several weeks of this problem first time I heard about this problem here in Chicago.

Sprint has a major problem with their towers and this problem, this has been going on since May 4th !!! and they are NOT finding a way around this at all. They just keep hiding the fact and offering what ever other reasons and excuses and make you go around searching for truth. I have been hung-up on and the number of times I have had to AGAIN explain my troubles I can't even count it. I am paying lots of money for this service and I want my phone to work (especially when on the road for work) and some few day stinky credit is not going to cut it, that is not going to replace the time wasted on this problem and the risks that I carry while on the road and not able to reach my clients while on the road.

I have been a loyal customer of Sprint for close to 10 years now, and this is IT. I have been lied to, I have been ridiculed, my valuable time has been wasted on purpose, CLEARLY on purpose. NOBODY offered me information about Chicago tower/connection problems until I squeezed them and pressured them for hours. What does it cost to be just honest and tell us in  about this problem ?

UNACCEPTABLE.

LOST customer here. Going back to AT&T, they suck too, but not this bad !

• 159. Is the Sprint Network Down?
    VAJen Newbie

I'm having the same issue.  It first happened 4th of July weekend and now it's happening again tonight.  BlackBerry Internet Service Connection is working, but BlackBerry Enterprise Server Connection is not.

• 160. Is the Sprint Network Down?
    HeatherJeans Newbie

Jellybean91 - what's the deal with zip code 11727 - I have had radio interface issues since I got this phone - and now I am just not able to receive texts - during the day!  Once the flood gates open, I receive texts in one shot that were meant to come thru-out the day.. major issue!  Is a vampire in charge of this department?  There are only so many times one can say "I just got your text or I never received your message" before you start to look like the 'girl who cried wolf"  I thought it was a phone issue, but I find this community blog and my mind is blown!  I cannot believe this is a country-wide issue!  And let me tell you something - paying 170$ a month for my "everything plan" better darn well include EVERYTHING..!  Don't get me started on charging me 10$ per line for 4G, oh excuse me, "premium data" on top of my everything data plan - THAT I CANNOT EVEN GET IN MY AREA!!! 

You have the nerve to call me on a regular basis asking me to "add a friend" for crying out loud - yet you cannot advise your customers - to which some may depend on thier phones more than others - that you are experiencing difficulties!?

Please tell me when my service is going to be fixed.. apparently when I finally had the time to sit on hold to wait to speak to someone, who albeit, was super nice, told me that there was a "ticket" that was just closed out today - I guess to ease my mind that yes, there was an issue, but no fret, its been fixed.. as of , you guessed it today!  Even though a text my phone states I received at 7:31am this morning didn't arrive on my phone intil 7:02pm! 

1 7 8 9 10 11 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...