1 2 3 Previous Next 31 Replies Latest reply: Oct 3, 2011 3:43 PM by dshoem01 RSS

LG optimus update/texting issues

tjthrows1 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

My Optimus just updated yesterday on its own and now my texting is not the same.  The autocorrect and predictive text features are not working.  Any info?  My wife optimus just updated this morning and her texting is messed up now too.

Thanks

• 1. Re: LG optimus update/texting issues
    abe2020 Sprint Employee

After upgrade to sw version LS670ZVH the predictive text database is deleted from the handset when using the android keyboard. Just want to let you know that LG is working on a fix for this issue, and we will provide more information once it's available. As a workaround you can use the Swype keyboard which will still show predictive text if selected in the settings menu-To switch to the Swype keyboard go to home-menu-settings-language keyboard-select input method-Swype. To ensure work prediction is enabled when using the Swype keyboard use home-menu-settings-language keyboard-Swype and ensure-Word Prediction" is selected.

Hope this helps

Abe

• 2. LG optimus update/texting issues
    tjthrows1 Newbie

that helps, but I hate swipe.  Cant believe they would release an update that would hurt one of the most used functions.  Can I download another texting app?

• 3. LG optimus update/texting issues
    abe2020 Sprint Employee

Sorry for the inconvenience.Yes, you can download another texting app.

Handcent SMS

This app is one of the best SMS apps for Android OS ever, with features like customization options for messaging and chat bubble, notifications for incoming calls, reading of incoming notifications and many more. You can either type SMS or you can speak and it will type it for you. If you are using another app and receive a message you can reply without having to leave or close the app. Other features include 20 languages, spell checker, Smileys, Back up and Restoring of SMS and more all of this makes it one of the best SMS apps for Android OS.

• 4. LG optimus update/texting issues
    Oscar-Estrada Newbie

I got the update but now I'm having issues when I type any message too. I had turned on the option where the sytem would suggest words and even fix words. This is on the android keyboard. It used to display suggested words while typing. After the update to 2.3 this feature does not work. I have checked all my settings, turned the option off, turned back on, restart the phone and still the same.

I hope LG fixes this asap!

• 5. LG optimus update/texting issues
    abe2020 Sprint Employee

Oscar-Estrada Please  refer to my first post on this issue.

• 6. LG optimus update/texting issues
    Sunster61 Regular Visitor

abe2020.  Thanks for the suggestion on the texting app.  Another unpopular aspect of the update is the black notification bar and all the black in general with the neon green icons.  It's all very hard on the eyes. Does LG have any options to fix that?  I loved the Android OS before, now it's quite unpleasant.

• 7. LG optimus update/texting issues
    chella_mia Newbie

Im not pleased with the update either.  Sprint associate recommended that I purchase the "smart keyboard pro" for 2.99 on android market.  Which I did and happily back on track with that issue.  Did the update turn anyone else's main screen borders black?  Mine is and it makes it very hard to see when you have emails or messages.  I have noticed that this update is sucking the life outta my battery more than ever before.  This needs to get fixed as well.

• 8. LG optimus update/texting issues
    Sunster61 Regular Visitor

Handcent doesn't seem to have text prediction either.  I have found no benefit from this update.  Also noticed voice recognition to text no longer works.  Just produces gibberish.  It's gobbling up battery doing I don't know what and the whole design is cumbersome and hard on the eyes.  Sprint offers no help and LG just tells me text prediction was removed from the Android keyboard with this update and to use swype, which I hate.   If you have any influence with LG, please tell them to restore the previous version or return the features.  I wonder if the features were removed to get us to pay for a decent keyboard.

• 9. LG optimus update/texting issues
    mooym Newbie

Experiencing the same issue with autocorrect/predictive text. Would like to be updated/informed on anything that can be done to get this feature.

I must admit it's really lazy of me to not want to just spell the whole word out like I did before smart phones, but when the letters are so little and my fingers push the wrong letter, it is too much of a hassle to keep backspacing and starting over.

• 10. LG optimus update/texting issues
    mooym Newbie

Handcent SMS is also failing to provide the usual autocorrect/predictive text option. Only words recognized are names in address book and user dictionary.

• 11. LG optimus update/texting issues
    Oscar-Estrada Newbie

that is exactly what happens to mine, I also downloaded handcent sms and no help! deleted it right away

• 12. LG optimus update/texting issues
    bigbrotherfan Newbie

I really can't text at all anymore.  With my eyesight I really needed the predictive text and auto correct.  Now I look like I'm drunk texting all the time.  Is there ANY way to get the predictive text back???

• 13. LG optimus update/texting issues
    afrochapin Newbie

I too would like to be able to change the color scheme on my phone, the black makes things hard on the eyes.

• 14. LG optimus update/texting issues
    careyashelton Newbie

https://www.gstatic.com/android/market/com.moo.android.inputmethod.latin.free/f-705-4

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.moo.android.inputmethod.latin.free&feature=search_result

is the Gingerbread free keyboard on the Android Market. Yes Swype still has predictive text, but I HATE the way it shows the words. This free app is just like texting before the update..Hope this helps :-) Btw, my car charger doesnt charge my phone now :-/

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...