1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 68 Replies Latest reply: Oct 10, 2011 1:16 PM by fireguy_6364 Go to original post RSS
  • 30. Re: EVDO Rev B
    SupahDave Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated

This thread is the text equivalent of watching The Three Stooges. LOL

• 31. EVDO Rev B
    JASON559 Regular Visitor

Will anyone from Sprint come out with a definate answer by August 30th or offer an extended return policy on this handset?

• 32. Re: EVDO Rev B
    polo3485 Newbie

Ll if you would like to see what chipset is exactly in your phone for your self to get into your phone hidden config. Dial ##33284# then tap configuration then write down the chipset letters or numbers and search qualcomm site for specs. Hope this helps answer all sg2 users questions.  :)

• 33. Re: EVDO Rev B
    mrcminnesota Expert

When I dial ##33284# it asks for MSL? What is that? Thanks

• 34. Re: EVDO Rev B
    polo3485 Newbie

Msl would be the code that allows you to use the prompt i have given you. But i am not sure what yours maybe. Are you using the sg2

• 35. Re: EVDO Rev B
    polo3485 Newbie

For sg2 users only no root necessary

1.goto android market download connectbot.

2.after installation you should see a drop down box you would click on it and select local. Then type in Android.

3.you will then type in the prompt "getprop ril.MSL" exactly as written msl should be displayed enjoy. :)

• 36. Re: EVDO Rev B
    RC1024 Sprint Employee

Hello mrcminnesota, ##33284# is ##DEBUG# to get to your engineering menu, the MSL is your Master Subsidy lock code, it is also referred to as your Service Programming Code (SPC). Technical support may provide this code provided your account is in good standing, you are the account holder, and you have provided your pin number although for determining which chipset your phone has you may have good results by looking though google for information related to the phone's Exynos processor. So far no announcements have been made that we plan on upgrading to Rev B.

• 37. EVDO Rev B
    RC1024 Sprint Employee

JayWill7211, the QSC6085 is not capable of anything above Rev A., however it will work on a rev B. network, and will experience improvements in data speed & call viability because of significant increases in capacity. Apart from that, we have made no announcements that we plan to upgrade our network to Rev B. it will be announced in newsroom.sprint.com first if it is in the works.

• 38. EVDO Rev B
    InThe225 Expert

Don't feel bad... When they upgrade to Rev. B with same pitiful backhaul, I'll sell you my used Evo 4G that'll run Rev. B for cheap while I go to Verizon to use a network that actually runs at decent speeds.  It's in great shape-- not a scratch-- I have babied it since I got it in June 2010-- oh, and the 4G radio has never been used on it-- and since I've only averaged about 85 kbps on 3G this past year and a half, the processor hasn't worked too hard either...

• 39. EVDO Rev B
    halcyoncmdr123 Sprint Employee

InThe225 wrote:

...When they upgrade to Rev. B with same pitiful backhaul...

No plans for a network upgrade to EV-DO Rev. B have been announced by Sprint.

And directly related to your statement about backhaul... Sprint's IP/MPLS division is a Tier 1 Network and Internet Backbone provider.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_backbone

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tier_1_network

https://www.sprint.net/performance/

• 40. EVDO Rev B
    JayWill7211 Newbie

Thank you for providing confirmation RC1024.

• 41. EVDO Rev B
    InThe225 Expert

Your backhaul information still doesn't help the Sprint customers in 90+% of the country that suffer sub-100 kbps speeds consistently on Sprint's network (refer to the majority of the posts in the network & coverage forum).  And, Sprint probably won't implement Rev. B... it would be too smart a move and make too much sense for the company that is still stupid enough to use primitive 1970's T1 lines for data backhaul rather than OC-3's like modern carriers...

• 42. EVDO Rev B
    wingland Sprint Admin

Official Sprint Answer:

Sprint is committed to delivering the highest quality network experience.  Our Network Vision plan will improve your network experience, but it does not include any EVDO Rev B launch. Sprint has evaluated EVDO Rev B and chosen to go directly to 4G connections.  Since we are not launching EVDO Rev B, none of our handsets supports EVDO Rev B. 

Thank you for your interest in our Network and Chipset Technologies!

• 43. EVDO Rev B
    RC1024 Sprint Employee

Thank you for the official response.

• 44. Re: EVDO Rev B
    SteveGS2 Regular Visitor

Wingland just put everyone in place.    Well people, that settles it!

Look, after using this phone for a some time now I have to say this - I don't give a **** about the slow speed.  This phone is great and the positives just crush the negatives. 

To the EVO selling guy InThe225 - Don't hate just because you don't have a GS2.  Enjoy paying out the a$$ for Verizon and the worst customer service, enjoy being ripped off on every bill and of course enjoy the data caps! 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...