1 2 3 Previous Next 34 Replies Latest reply: Apr 8, 2014 8:09 AM by SprintCare Go to original post Branched to a new discussion. RSS
  • 15. Internet connectivity issues! Sprint, now's your chance to keep a new customer
    phoenix215476 Valued Member
    Currently Being Moderated

i'm still using an iPhone 3G on at&t... i've been thinking of switching, but the pickings sure are slim. at the moment, i'm going back and forth between the 3VO on sprint and the Senny on tmobile... but the motorola photon 4g on sprint is making a surprising run out of nowhere! also, some other htc upcoming phones are in the mix (the Lead and Kingdom), but i have no idea when they'll be coming out and probably won't wait that long (if i did, i'd probably end up getting the Nexus Prime in November instead).

• 16. Internet connectivity issues! Sprint, now's your chance to keep a new customer
    lmiller006 Regular Visitor

plastikglass wrote:

Also, for people considering to switch, which carrier and phone were you looking at? I think Sprint got lucky here because there are no real good choices to switch to in this early 4G age, but if we have to go for the lesser of two evils, then we might as well.

Therein lies the problem. I only have a few more days left to notify Wirefly.com if I'm keeping the phone or not. To answer your question, I think I'm going to get a cheap prepaid phone for a couple of months and wait and see what Verizon and T-Mobile come out with. There should be a much better selection of phones by late summer/early fall. I don't know whether it's the EVIL 3D or the Sprint network coverage or a combination of both that's causing the problems but I'm not about to get stuck into a 2 year contract to find out.

• 17. Internet connectivity issues! Sprint, now's your chance to keep a new customer
    plastikglass Regular Visitor

I can always fall back to my Nexus One on T-Mobile even more plus plans and ride it out, but this is where I saw a problem. All the carriers have become data tiered! Verizon's data plans are ridiculous! Complete robbery! T-Mobile has better deals but still data tiered. AT&T always sucked to me, so no bother there. This is a very bleak future for 4G, amazing fast speeds where you can only utilize it for a few gigabytes, ugh!

• 18. Internet connectivity issues! Sprint, now's your chance to keep a new customer

Yep, I hear you. If you want to have a smart phone you're kind of held hostage. It does suck. Anyway, I just notified Wirefly that I'm returning my EVO 3D. Even though I have 30 days to return it they have to be notified within 14 days of activation. It was like pulling teeth to get them to give me a return number. I called the phone number that's on my receipt and it doesn't even belong to them anymore. The same number is also on their website. I had to go to their site and use the live help chat. It took 10 minutes of typing back and forth before the guy would give me the return number. He kept trying to get me to buy a different phone and use another provider. I finally told him that I was getting a prepaid phone for the next few months and I'll decide what I'm going to do later. It's a shame because I really like the phone but just can't get a reliable signal. Well, good luck to everybody with their EVO 3D problems.

• 19. Internet connectivity issues! Sprint, now's your chance to keep a new customer

Guys:

T-Mobile has offered me a free HTC Sensation 4G to go back to T-Mobile. What do you think? Should I take their bribe and head back with them? HSPA+ may not be as fast as Wimax, but at least I can expect to receive at least 3 megabits per second in most locations and times. What would you do?

• 20. Internet connectivity issues! Sprint, now's your chance to keep a new customer

T-Mobile was just recently running a promotion for a free Sensation for signing up. From what I've read the Sensation and EVO 3D are almost identical except the Sensation doesn't have an FM radio tuner and it has 768mb of ram, a little less than the EVO 3D. I've read the Sense 3.0 runs a little slower on the Sensation because of the ram difference but your data connectivity issues would probably be fixed. I'm leaving Sprint for sure. My phone goes back end of this week and I'll be calling Sprint to cancel my service. In August and September there will be the Droid Bionic from Verizon and the Samsung Hercules (HSDPA 42.2 Mbit/s) from T-Mobile to choose from. If you want to go back to T-Mobile check out the full specs for the Hercules compared to the Sensation. You may want to wait a bit. Also Samsung has made mention via Twitter that they will be making the Samsung Nexus 3 with Android 4.0 to be released by the end of the year. Can you hold out with a temp phone for a little bit?

• 21. Internet connectivity issues! Sprint, now's your chance to keep a new customer

I just got a letter in the mail from T-Mobile. They are offering me any phone of my choice for free if I come back. I'm going to hang on to the letter until the Hercules comes out to see if they'll still honor it.

• 22. Internet connectivity issues! Sprint, now's your chance to keep a new customer

I don't know if the offer will last that long, they didn't really specify.

I COULD wait it out, but I just ordered the phone and now it has shipped. If I return the phone, would I lose out on my current offer? I wouldn't mind waiting a couple of months for a free, sweet, new phone, but now I don't know what to do! lol

• 23. Internet connectivity issues! Sprint, now's your chance to keep a new customer

The Sensation looks like a good phone. Let us know how your service is after you get it. I just transfered my number over to a prepaid phone today and called Sprint to make sure my account was closed. I'll wait to see what the Hercules is all about then decide what phone I'll get.

• 24. Internet connectivity issues! Sprint, now's your chance to keep a new customer

Yeah, the sensation 4G is alright, it holds a 4G signal albeit much slower than Wimax, except for random bursts where it matches or exceeds it. I'm going to send it back and wait for a newer phone.

Sprint:

Your 4G is useless, I'm sorry. I tried working it out with your engineers but they could only do so much. Your 4G is BROKEN!! Totally broken! Don't advertise 4G if it only works for 2 minutes and then cuts out. You guys need serious work, you need to get serious and stop playing around if you want to have any chance in gaining and retaining customers. I wish you the best, see you in the next 2 years, maybe.

• 25. Internet connectivity issues! Sprint, now's your chance to keep a new customer

Thanks Sprint for holding my number hostage so I can't get a new phone with T-Mobile for free. But at least the complete free fall your stocks are in makes me a little happy inside. Since an evil corporation like you only looks to take from customers without showing any sympathy towards us, I'm glad the heavy hand of capitalism has appropriately punished you where it hurts, your money. Have a great time explaining to your share-holders why this is happening with whatever kind of bs business theory you have as an excuse, it's pretty obvious why this is happening just by looking at this forum.

• 26. Internet connectivity issues! Sprint, now's your chance to keep a new customer
    wingland Sprint Admin

Official Sprint Answer:

Sprint is committed to delivering the highest quality network  experience.  Our Network Vision plan will improve your network  experience, but it does not include any EVDO Rev B launch. Sprint has  evaluated EVDO Rev B and chosen to go directly to 4G connections.  Since  we are not launching EVDO Rev B, none of our handsets supports EVDO Rev  B. 

Thank you for your interest in our Network and Chipset Technologies!

• 27. Internet connectivity issues! Sprint, now's your chance to keep a new customer
    jbarres1980 Newbie

my service sucks always says im roaming when i should not be towers are all good by my area so whats the deal sprint got 3 lines 1 evo 3d 1 evo4g 1 bb curve fix this please

• 28. Re: Internet connectivity issues! Sprint, now's your chance to keep a new customer
    laurin8002 Newbie

Why is it so difficult to get a person to talk to about poor reception? It has to be in the top 2  Sprint customer complaints.  I was lied to about service over a year ago, I've had two of the "Air Wave" boosters... Now I am unable to have a conversation because I hear every other word or the call outright drops.  I am in sales, and can either help Sprint or be honest.  Please help me out here.  I was told this phone would be able to be a wifi hotspot-(THAT IS WHY I BOUGHT IT)  but Sprint NEEDS MY INTERNET SEVRICE I PAY FOR  to work??  I am very unhappy.  I have never been late on a payment. Please just do the right thing.

• 29. Re: Internet connectivity issues! Sprint, now's your chance to keep a new customer
    auntiepep1 Regular Visitor

You should ask yourself... do you really want to have to pay hundreds of $$$ to buy and have to sign a new contract for a device to get service in your own home?  If so, Sprint is the way to go.  If not GO GO GO to another carrier.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points